Questions about Terk LF30S for Dish 625

RocketFoot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
Southwestern PA
Does anyone use a Terk LF30S Leapfrog to transmit from the Dish receiver to a remote room?

I just wanna know if the sound and video quality is good? Any audio lag? Any delays or poor image quality? Do you like it??

We just moved our master bedroom into the finished attic but the walls are full of blown insulation and wifey don't want wires on the exterior of the house. So wireless is my only option to get Dish up there. So I just need some words of encouragement about the Leapfrog...

Heres a linky

Last edited:
I have used a similar device. Worked OK, similar to composite. Only problem was when a neighbor used their portable phone, which caused static. And you have to align the antennas- no biggie.

You might find similar products at a lower price.

Maybe someone will chime in with experience with this unit. But if it's anything like their antennas- don't waste your money.

There are many video senders on the market they use 900 mhz or 2.4 the same as cordless phones and computer networks. If you are in closely spaced neighborhoods you will probably have some interference.

I thought about that, but the LF30S does have several different channels to switch between. I am more worried about picture quality and sound quality when there is no external interference. Basically, is it worth the money or should I talk the wife into running cables up the side of the house?

RocketFoot said:
I thought about that, but the LF30S does have several different channels to switch between. I am more worried about picture quality and sound quality when there is no external interference. Basically, is it worth the money or should I talk the wife into running cables up the side of the house?
Buy the video sender where you can return it if it dosen't work. I have used RCA WVS150 senders that also have 4 channels where there was interference all 4 channels had the problem to varying degrees. Where there was no interference the picture was as good as coaxial cable. Try it and see what you get, coax will always work just may not look pretty.:)

boba said:
Buy the video sender where you can return it if it dosen't work. I have used RCA WVS150 senders that also have 4 channels where there was interference all 4 channels had the problem to varying degrees. Where there was no interference the picture was as good as coaxial cable. Try it and see what you get, coax will always work just may not look pretty.:)

Thanks, I'm gonna give it a try...if it works, it is $50 well spent!

Update!

I ordered a set of LF30s's and got them hooked up...they actually work great! I do get some interferrence when the cordless phone rings but otherwise, the picture is crisp & clean and the audio is perfect. You must aim the directional antenna's directly at each other or you will get a popping noise in the audio. I'd steal feel better with a wired setup, but all in all...not a bad deal for under $50...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts