Rainbow Announces Carriage Deals....Directv

Smthkd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2004
ATLANTA
Rainbow Media Holdings LLC said Wednesday that it has reached several distribution agreements.

The Cablevision Systems Corp. unit said it has reached deals with both cable operators and direct-broadcast satellite providers for its services such as AMC, WE: Women's Entertainment, The Independent Film Channel, Fuse and its FSN regional sports networks.

Rainbow said it signed pacts covering some or all of its programming services with DirecTV Inc.
EchoStar Communications Corp.'s Dish Network, Comcast Corp., Adelphia Communications Corp. and Mediacom Communications Corp.

“Rainbow is pleased to have secured important long-term distribution agreements with both satellite providers and cable operators," CEO Josh Sapan said in a prepared statement. “We are pleased to continue to partner with our distributors in offering Rainbow's diverse portfolio of popular programming services to their subscribers.”

http://www.multichannel.com/index.asp?layout=article&articleid=CA501000&display=Breaking News

We can only speculate whether this deal will include HD programing from Rainbow! Would be nice to get Voom's old line-up! :D

Smthkd said:
Rainbow Media Holdings LLC said Wednesday that it has reached several distribution agreements.

The Cablevision Systems Corp. unit said it has reached deals with both cable operators and direct-broadcast satellite providers for its services such as AMC, WE: Women's Entertainment, The Independent Film Channel, Fuse and its FSN regional sports networks.

Rainbow said it signed pacts covering some or all of its programming services with DirecTV Inc.
EchoStar Communications Corp.'s Dish Network, Comcast Corp., Adelphia Communications Corp. and Mediacom Communications Corp.

“Rainbow is pleased to have secured important long-term distribution agreements with both satellite providers and cable operators," CEO Josh Sapan said in a prepared statement. “We are pleased to continue to partner with our distributors in offering Rainbow's diverse portfolio of popular programming services to their subscribers.”

http://www.multichannel.com/index.asp?layout=article&articleid=CA501000&display=Breaking News

We can only speculate whether this deal will include HD programing from Rainbow! Would be nice to get Voom's old line-up! :D

I would love to see that happen, my source said, everything voom has directv will have before years up. I think he was talking about movie channels like starz and such, but hey I wouldnt mind some orginial programming!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)