Rams Are Going Back To LA

Fans in sports really get taken for a ride, leave LA, new stadium in St louis, not good enough now, back to LA again. Money spent for the stadium in St louis, nothing new happening, just another example of the pawns fans are

Reactions: lparsons21
This is really sad ... LA just continues to be pawns, they get teams now.
They didn't want teams when they left, I think I remember the old line of, fans not supporting team ... why, they have too much to do out there.
BS, if yourbavfan, you'll follow, the Dodgers have enough fans and they stretch over 6 months.

It's all about the greed and money.

Seeing all the "Die Hard" LA Rams fans celebrating, if a better deal comes along they are gone again to another city

Am I missing something, I thought they were in LA already.
I used to watch football in the 70's.
Next your going to tell me the Colts aren’t in Baltimore?

What goes around comes around.

This is exactly how I feel.

I still remember fans in St. Louis holding signs mocking LA when they lost the Rams. I guess they didn't remember how it felt when the Cardinals bolted for Arizona. Same thing with Baltimore. When the Ravens won their first Super Bowl, I remember some of their fans basically laughing at Cleveland. Probably some of the same fans that were outraged when the Colts left for Indy. It's hard for me to have much sympathy for St. Louis.

My Raiders are in a strange place. They get $100 mil from the league, I am gonna assume for back out of the Carson deal, but Mark Davis STILL needs a partner(buy about 20% of the team) because he is the most cash strapped owner in the NFL. I am still trying to understand why the league CANNOT put in more with the BILLIONS they make annually....and thats only on TV rights.

Now, I am gonna be a COMPETE HYPOCRIT and state my Raiders need a new stadium, though I HATE teams holding cities and states hostage.

BUT, check out what ESPNs Clayton said:

It is interesting, as I can actually relate to both the LA fans and the STL fans in all this. Grew up a huge Charlotte Hornets fan when they came into the league. After I moved to CLT in 1999, I went to a ton of games. Lived through them leaving amidst all the politics in 2002, tried to get into the "Bobcats" that replaced them, but always hated the name. Then, on the flipside, the excitement of getting the "Hornets" name (and history) back in CLT last year.

I hope you are joking

but as of today...yeah the rams are in LA ;)

I watched football back in the 70's then stopped, lost interest.
To me the teams are the LA Rams, Baltimore Colts, the players are Billy Kilmer, Fran Tarkenton etc.....
Howard Cossell was the announcer then too. The good old days for sure.
Don't know anything about the new stuff.

My Raiders are in a strange place. They get $100 mil from the league, I am gonna assume for back out of the Carson deal, but Mark Davis STILL needs a partner(buy about 20% of the team) because he is the most cash strapped owner in the NFL. I am still trying to understand why the league CANNOT put in more with the BILLIONS they make annually....and thats only on TV rights.

Now, I am gonna be a COMPETE HYPOCRIT and state my Raiders need a new stadium, though I HATE teams holding cities and states hostage.

BUT, check out what ESPNs Clayton said:

The Raiders SHOULD move to Levi's Stadium, sharing it with the 49ers. IF the Giants & Jets can make sharing a stadium work, then surely the Raiders & 49ers can also. There is NO WAY a new stadium will be built in Oakland.

As far as St. Louis goes, look for the Jacksonville Jaguars to relocate there. Jacksonville is just not a NFL caliber city.

The Raiders SHOULD move to Levi's Stadium, sharing it with the 49ers. IF the Giants & Jets can make sharing a stadium work, then surely the Raiders & 49ers can also. There is NO WAY a new stadium will be built in Oakland.

As far as St. Louis goes, look for the Jacksonville Jaguars to relocate there. Jacksonville is just not a NFL caliber city.

I thought they should have when they agreed to build Levi Stadium, but it is too late now. There is NO WAY 49er ownership will give up the gravy train and negotiate a new deal. I think they will build one in Oakland. Reality is, if the city of Oakland "donated" land, this would be a done deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)