Random Act of Kindness ....free DVB-s receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brex2001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
USA
Up for grabs is a Neusat 8000HD found at a yard sale. It had been converted to a Captain 9000HD. This stb does QPSK only but will do AC3.

Included are the remote & a CD of factory software & utilities, both Neusat & Captain.

I'm paying shipping on all this 'Random Acts..." stuff.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 173
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    258 KB · Views: 190
Hi Brex2001,
I would really love to have the Neusat9000. I do not have an HD receiver and will put it to good use. Thank you!
Larry

Neusat is gone now. Yay.

squid385 - it's yours. Just remember that it won't do 8PSK.

I love seeing members helping out members:)

lots of HD up there that wont need 8PSK (like sports feeds)
Ya got a great bargain
I'm looking forward to watching some HD with this receiver and yes it was one heck of a great bargain, thanks to brex2001. What a great generous person he(Bruce) is and good member here on SatelliteGuys.

There's also reward in doing something for someone anonymously - doing the right thing & staying out of the results.:)

Hello brex2001,
I got the Neusat 9000 today and just now got it set up. I'm getting some HD channel feeds on 125w. Watching the news right now on PBS HD03. Also picking up 30w, 97w and 103w. It has a great picture and color using the HDMI cable. All I got to do now is get a motor and do some feed hunting. Thanks so much!
Larry

Hello brex2001,
I got the Neusat 9000 today and just now got it set up. I'm getting some HD channel feeds on 125w. Watching the news right now on PBS HD03. Also picking up 30w, 97w and 103w. It has a great picture and color using the HDMI cable. All I got to do now is get a motor and do some feed hunting. Thanks so much!
Larry
That's cool! I have a Neusat 9000 and it sees signal on 125w PBS but will not scan in the channels....

That's cool! I have a Neusat 9000 and it sees signal on 125w PBS but will not scan in the channels....
You have to add the TP's manually and put a check mark by each TP you want it to search. May also have to convert it to Captain 8000HD.:)

You have to add the TP's manually and put a check mark by each TP you want it to search. May also have to convert it to Captain 8000HD.:)

That stb was already converted to a Captain - you may need to jtag it to revert to a Neusat. The 2 loaders for Captain & Neusat reject opposite file types.
What with cleaning up to move I just don't have time to putter with everything so I didn't bother trying to restore the stb back to original.

Thanks, I'll try it again. I do remember adding the TP's manually, seeing signal & quality jump up, & still nothing after a scan. Converting it isn't an option. I've never messed with that type of stuff on any of my boxes (Neusat 9000, Pansat 9200, CS 8000) because I'm sure I'll take something that works, and create a nice paperweight out of it! :eek: :D

Hello brex2001,
Larry
glad to hear its working

HD picture...its a beautiful thing :)

Hello brex2001,
Larry
Yes, glad to read you're making progress with it. Some of the sports feeds should open up around this time of year.:)
Supposedly there is an editor that works with these - can't recall which right now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)