re-formatting dish ehd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

the mack

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
HOCKEYTOWN
I have a WD my book essential 1TB drive I formatted to use with my 772k, but never put anything on it...now I want to re-format it so I can use it with my pc.

when I connect to my pc I get a not formatted error. I have no idea how to re-format this drive.

any help would be appreciated...

TIA

Not sure which OS, but in general, and from W7, go to Computer and highlight it and right click. Then left click Manage. Then go to Disk Management. Then highlight the drive. Go to More actions, all tasks, format.

OR, more simply (;)), left click on Computer, Right click on the drive and select Format.

can't format with disc manager as it is seeing drive as a cd drive.

WD smartwre (J)
CD drive
file system: UDF
Total size 442mb

I have a WD my book essential 1TB drive I formatted to use with my 772k, but never put anything on it...now I want to re-format it so I can use it with my pc.

when I connect to my pc I get a not formatted error. I have no idea how to re-format this drive.

any help would be appreciated...

TIA

TIA,
Here is something that should work for you.
1) Go into the Control Panel and do it from the administrative tools there.

You will right click on the EHD

2)Select the drive and select reformat

3) Partition as desired.

If this doesn't do the trick,., let me know. I have been able to run mac Leopard forward with a similar position, but may need to look up more specifics on XP for you. Since almost all support for XP is dropping, you may also want to consider an OS upgrade at some point to attempt maintaining a more secure system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts