Real DIY Dish Move?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jrfuda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
San Antonio, TX, USA
Guys, I have to move across town in about 6 weeks. All of my Dish stuff is leased. Would Dish have a cow if I moved it all myself, meaning, pullng th 500 and 300 off the roof of where I live now (and salvaging what RG6 I can) and moving it to my new location?

The reason I ask is:

1. I know I am capable of installing it myself.
2. I don't want to wait for an installer to come and do it.
3. I may be living in historical housing on a military installation and be forced to use flat coax to get the signal in the house. From what I've been reading here, installers won't do an install like that anymore. I know I can get the flast coax from Parts Exprress for a couple of bucks (and by some spares too). I also know I will have to put the dishes on a pole in the yard, since I can't attach stuff to the house. I'm sure about the pole part, but not the flat coax part, there's a chance this old housing **may** have facilities to get an outside signal (cable, antenna, and/or satellite) in.

Now, I may also be moving into newly constucted on-post housing, in which case It should have some sort of entry point for coax integrated into it....

Any thoughts?

just inform dish that your moving and your going to do a self install and you shouldnt have any problems other then you getting your own flat cable ,as a dish installer we do have a new rg-6 flat cable that we are told to olny use as a last resort and then it will have to be delivered to the jobsite because of its expense ($18) i know real expensive and here in los angeles with the trafic that can turn a one hour job into a three hour job but the point is the new flat rg-6 is suppose to work

Thanks a lot. I think that discount flat coax I found online was NOT RG6.. I need to do more searching to find the good stuff.

Do you have a manufacturer/part number, for what you use?

I see Sadoun has flat RG6 for a good price. I'll probably get several, both as spares, and to use in case I have to run wire outside (and back in again)to get video distributed to my TV2 location(s).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)