really a silly question

kchnew

Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
I currently have vip722 and vip211. Since I never use the DVR service and still pay the monthly charge, I am wondering if there is any way I can downgrade the 722 to VIP222 without incurring any charge. I did call dish network and was told I need to pay $150 upfront and commit another 24 month if I want to go for it. I know many people want 722 and this is why my question is kind of silly. Maybe I should use DVR now. Thanks a lot!

I'm not being a smart-a.. but why don't you use the dvr? To me, its one of the best inventions of my lifetime. Think of the time you can save if you dont watch another commercial.

I cannot fathom watching TV without a DVR any more. But I guess to each their own.

But to answer your question: I really don't think you can change your receivers like that, but why don't you call and ask.

A DVR is so much more than a "fancy VCR". And the DVR fee can be removed with the DVR advantage pack.

See ya
Tony

Several years ago, I got my brother a dvr and he wasn't sure about it. Now, he will not upgrade any of his receiver's unless it is a dvr. Once you have one and start using it, you don't want to use non dvr's. I mayself at one time had a mix of dvr's and non dvr's, all my receivers' are dvr's.

Personally I think a DVR is far more useful that HDTV. I like the HDTV pictures, but it's very jarring to switch from an HD picture to an SD picture. A DVR on the other hand totally changes the use of TV. When I travel, I really miss having the DVR (yes, I could use a Slingbox, but I haven't taken that plunge yet).

Couldn't live without DVR again after having it for a year. Give it a try, see if it grows on you. Oh and as for your first question, dish network considers any leased receiver change an upgrade. Even if it's a downgrade. It costs the same thing to switch to a 222 no matter what receivers you have (even if the one you have is better). Have a 625 and want a 322 instead? you pay the same as someone with 1 301 that wants a 322 instead. Seems kinda silly, but it's just the way it is. If you still want to make the switch, call and ask if they can just mail you the receiver, instead of including insatallation costs. That may save you a few pennies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts