Reasons for intermittent, random signal loss

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
They look good, actually. 119 is a bit low, but these Hybrid Slimline LNB's just do read lower than the older DPP and DPP Style Hybrids did for some reason. I'm sure the other installers on here would agree.

On a DPP Western Arc, I'd see readings closer to the high 70's for 119, closer to 80 for the 110 and close to 60 for the 129. It's refreshing the rare times I get to (re)point a DPP LNBF. The fact it took so long to run the Check Status is concerning though. That LNB may have some issues or a component, connector, etc in the cabling could be failing.
HipKat had an internal DISH tech visit couple days ago along with his supervisor. They were from a DISH office in St Charles Missouri. They replaced LNB 119, 110, 118, and 129. All signals are a little higher now with the exception of 110. It is a few points lower for some reason. They didn’t have a clue why the Check Status test was stalling out at 60% but I figured it out. See post #60.

Last edited:
Reactions: HipKat
HipKat after couple days experimenting I have figured out why my Hopper 3 Check Status test would sometimes stall at 60%. Stalling was only happening when performing the Check Status test during Prime Time hours. So turned the PTAT setting off and now the Check Status test works during the Prime Time hours too. Go figure.
It must get held up while something is recording

Reactions: charlesrshell
HipKat had an internal DISH tech visit couple days ago along with his supervisor. They were from a DISH office in St Charles Missouri. They replaced LNB 119, 110, 118, and 129. All signals are a little higher now with the exception of 110. It is a few points lower for some reason. They didn’t have a clue why the Check Status test was stalling out at 60% but I figured it out. See post #60.
110 signals have seemed lower this summer, many times not much higher than the mid 60’s

Reactions: charlesrshell
It must get held up while something is recording
HipKat yep for sure. Even though selecting yes in the Status Check Warning pop-up window, PTAT recordings will not stop recording and the Check Status will stall out at 60%. Also if you change PTAT setting to off during PTAT hours it does not take effect until after PTAT time zone is complete.

Attachments

• Code 504 Status Check Warning.jpg
    Code 504 Status Check Warning.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)