Recast online no sound

triguy62

Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
Recast online new user

I tried 1.2 and beta both log into xm fine I see and hear the music and it rips it to a mp3, but when I try to listen it is just silence. I have no hardware, just trying to rip off of a stream, I have my soundcard selected not my mic, and I am running a "new" pc, xp, over 700 ram, no firewall, virus, etc. running duriing streaming. I am still using the trial, i will not buy until i see this works, oh btw, was additional hardware would I need to not have to stream. I do have a active xm account.

Hi,

Using XM-Online requires your sound card support internal recording.

Can you tell me what sound card you have?

Can you verify that the drivers and software are up to date?

Then try:

Go to the Config Screen and put a check mark in the "Gain Enabled" box.

When you do this on the main screen a "levels" button will appear.

Press the "Levels" button and a recording levels screen will pop up.

You want to make sure you are recording from the proper stream.

Look for something called: "What you hear" or "Stereo Mix" or something else

You can try each one and see what the results are.

Derek

reply to my post

Okay, when the record dialogue box pops up the record slider is grayed out and the slide is all the way to the bottom, and the left right slider is all the way to the left, also it is a Creative SB Live series sound card.
btw, now then the program loads I see the channels and songs and the gain meters are moving up and back, but music will not play through the speakers nor record anything, it worked before, but now nothing is playing, I tried reloading the program and rebooting, etc.and all of the settings are at default

Check all the audio settings in TimeTrax (click the levels button) and make sure the proper line in is selected.

You may also have to modify the windows settings as well.

If TT is seeing the audio (you said that the VU meters are working) check to make sure nothing is muted in your windows recording properties.

D.

One other thing to mention.

Please make sure that you have the lastest software and drivers installed for your sound card.

I too have a SB Live but until I downloaded the latest drivers from their site and installed them I didn't have the "what you hear" option which is what you need for on-line usage.

Derek

I have tried every fix you guys have suggested, but now no sound, barely any movement on the green sound meters, and obviously no ripping,
I loaded the beta
Downloaded latest sound card drivers
Checked all settings...over and over
I just don't get it, at one point I at least had sound, but it ripped blank mp3's
Now not even sound,
Someone please help

I too had this same problem with a soundblaster card. I downloaded the newest drivers for the LIVE! series cards and it has a mixer feature. When you open this up you will see a slide box for "What U Hear". Check this box and play with the slide bars until you get sound out of your speakers. Also make sure you are plugged into the correct hole on your sound card. Mine has 4 holes one for speakers one for microphone one digital output and one that works with the sound in from the XM box. I hope one of these works for you, I had to mess with mine for a little while until I finally got the right combination. Also go into your sound card properties and select the recording box. It will bring up all the recording options, I just selected them all and mine works fine. After you select the recording devices make sure you select the right one from the mixer.

Good luck,
Brian

On your mixer do you have a "what you hear" channel?

What Brian said pretty much sums it up.... (nice job Brian)

D.