Received new 622 for my bad owned 942 under DHPP for free!

DVDDAD

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Huntington, Long Island, NY
We were in the middle of a whole house spring cleaning. We threw out a 25+ year old rear projection big screen TV which was in the basement and replaced it with a fairly new 25" TV we had in our sunroom for now. I decided to replace the 508 that was feeding that TV and I dusted off an old 942 that I had lying around. After about an hour with tech support and still not being able to get the reciever to power out of sleep mode and get a picture the tech says, well I tried just about everything I could, then he went silent as he was thinking again, and finally said why don't you just hook up the 508 again?

I said you didn't try everything yet, you didn't try replacing the defective receiver. He put me on hold because he didn't think they were shipping any 942's any longer. That explained the silence earlier when he paused to tell me to hook up the 508 again. When he got back on, he said that he was shipping out a new 622 to replace the 942. I owned the 942 so I was concerned that the 622 was to be leased, but he said no, you will own the 622. He didn't mention any charge, not even shipping. Well I thought I'd wait to post this in case I got a 942, but sure enough the 622 arrived and is activated and running great!

I'm sure that now, the cat is out of the bag, those that have DHPP and want the MPEG4 channels or external storage will be calling with intermittant problems on there 942's. I'm glad I got mine before stock ran low!

Yup this is because of the Tivo lawsuit.

We reported this a few weeks ago in one of our Retailer Chat Recaps.

The receivers which will be upgraded for the customer if their existing receiver fails (and that they are on DHPP) are the 721, 921 & 942.

We were in the middle of a whole house spring cleaning. We threw out a 25+ year old rear projection big screen TV which was in the basement and replaced it with a fairly new 25" TV we had in our sunroom for now. I decided to replace the 508 that was feeding that TV and I dusted off an old 942 that I had lying around. After about an hour with tech support and still not being able to get the reciever to power out of sleep mode and get a picture the tech says, well I tried just about everything I could, then he went silent as he was thinking again, and finally said why don't you just hook up the 508 again?

I said you didn't try everything yet, you didn't try replacing the defective receiver. He put me on hold because he didn't think they were shipping any 942's any longer. That explained the silence earlier when he paused to tell me to hook up the 508 again. When he got back on, he said that he was shipping out a new 622 to replace the 942. I owned the 942 so I was concerned that the 622 was to be leased, but he said no, you will own the 622. He didn't mention any charge, not even shipping. Well I thought I'd wait to post this in case I got a 942, but sure enough the 622 arrived and is activated and running great!

I'm sure that now, the cat is out of the bag, those that have DHPP and want the MPEG4 channels or external storage will be calling with intermittant problems on there 942's. I'm glad I got mine before stock ran low!
Good luck on the 'owning' it. I really think its leased. I havent heard of anyone actually being shipped a VIP receiver as a replacement, and it not being leased. I have two 622s, one of which is leased, and one of which I paid $525 for last year, and E* insisted they are both leased. They say they've since corrected my account to reflect that one is owned, but we shall se...

Yup this is because of the Tivo lawsuit.

We reported this a few weeks ago in one of our Retailer Chat Recaps.

The receivers which will be upgraded for the customer if their existing receiver fails (and that they are on DHPP) are the 721, 921 & 942.
So it IS actually owned, and not a tech/csr being incorrect? Cool, if so...

You can exchange yours for a 622 also, I was going to sell a 942 on ebay but was told they weren't being activated any longer, so they sent me a 622. Owned

You can exchange yours for a 622 also, I was going to sell a 942 on ebay but was told they weren't being activated any longer, so they sent me a 622. Owned

Which group at E* did you call for this. If I could get a 622 that I own for no charge that would be great. Although I have gone through 5 or 6 of them due to spontaneous reboot, so owning one may not be the best for me.

I would be very happy to take my 942, de-activate the DVR functionality and use it to replace my parent's 2 301's setup. That would save me $5 a month, plus extend the useful of the 942.

Miner

Good luck on the 'owning' it. I really think its leased. I havent heard of anyone actually being shipped a VIP receiver as a replacement, and it not being leased. I have two 622s, one of which is leased, and one of which I paid $525 for last year, and E* insisted they are both leased. They say they've since corrected my account to reflect that one is owned, but we shall se...

Dish doesn't know anything. I have two leased 622's. One they say is leased, one they say I own. I'm not gonna correct them.

They also say I have a 508 as my main receiver. I deactivated it three years ago and gave it to a friend who's using it to this day.

2k.1 Install Help

DPP44 power

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts