received response

danielle_s

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Dodge City, Ks
I'm always sending emails to voom, thought I'd share the latest with you along with their response:

I was wondering if you guys or gals had any idea if/when we would get additional online account features such as: ability to add/remove plus packs, upgrade packages and add/remove the playboy channel.
I was also wondering what information that you currently have regarding amc6 aka rainbow2.
Even though I don't watch it very much, I would really like to have my local fox sports net channel. I miss a couple of shows that they air.
Are there any more ppv's or events in the next month or so that you guys plan on offering?
Thanks & keep up the good work,

Their response:

I certainly apologize for any inconvenience. Unfortunately, at this time we do not have plans to add additional online account features. I will be sure to share this information with the right people here at VOOM who will use it, along with all the comments and requests we receive every day, to make future decisions about our service offerings. However, you can do the things you listed online through live chat. You can contact us through live chat, 7 days a week, 7 am - 12 am PST.

We are expecting to have the second VOOM satellite available in the coming months. This satellite will provide us with additional capacity in which to expand our constantly growing channel lineup and to deliver on our promise of bringing you the most high definition entertainment and the best quality television. If you haven't already, I recommend that you visit our web site and sign up for our HD-Newsletter. That way you can stay up to date with the latest VOOM developments, as they become available.

Thank you for your interest in having us add regional sports programming for your area to the VOOM channel lineup. At this time, we are researching and testing the idea of providing regional sports content in different parts of the country. However, we currently do not have any formal plans to launch Fox Sports net in your area, in the near future. I forwarded your request to our programming team, so we can use it as we make future decisions about the VOOM channel lineup. Customer requests have led to the addition of new channels and programs in the past.

Thank you for you interest in PPV. At this time we do not offer PPV services, but I will make a note of your request as we are continuing to expand the VOOM service.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us.

Thank you for choosing VOOM - the leader in High Definition programming!

Reading that just upset me. In other words, nothing new is coming. So we're stuck with the same-ole, same-ole. Tell me, since I like KUNG-FU so much, it seems VOOM only has 4 movies in its collection. For 5 months now, they've been showing the same thing over and over and over and over and over again. What's up with that??

Yeah, I emailed VOOM about FSW here in socal and they said they have no plans to add it in the immediate future. Now I'm really thinking about leaving VOOM as sad as that is :(. I wish I could afford both cable and VOOM :no. Reading that response really makes me think VOOM just wants to be a "niche" company and is not concerned about taking over both D* and E*. They don't care about PPV at all it seems.

Blantantly ignoring the popularity of Fox Sports Regional programming has gotten on my last nerve. I have been constantly emailing VOOM and calling asking about FSW since I signed up in September. For them to respond that they are just now exploring adding one of the TOP REQUESTED channels has me questioning their business practices.

Fox Sports

The CSR told me Fox Sports should be available in my area in 2-4 months.

ToUgHsPot said:
Reading that just upset me. In other words, nothing new is coming. So we're stuck with the same-ole, same-ole. Tell me, since I like KUNG-FU so much, it seems VOOM only has 4 movies in its collection. For 5 months now, they've been showing the same thing over and over and over and over and over again. What's up with that??
A quick look at the Zap2It listings for Kung-Fu shows that from April 6 to April 17, a period of 12 days, they show 18 different movies. They show two movies a day, alternating between the two. Of the 18 movies shown over that time 13 of them are only shown on one of the days. Four (Dragon Lord, City on Fire, Tiger Cage, Operation Condor 2) are shown on 2 days. One (Project A2) is shown on three days.

Perfect? No. But they certainly have more than 4 movies in their collection. As far as showing the same thing over and over... well, Voom has 11 different movie channels. I seem to find at least one thing (frequently more) I haven't seen and that I find worthwhile every day. Not bad considering they're in HD and part of my basic subscription. Personally I wouldn't trade the HDCinema channels for any of the premium PlusPacks -- I find them too repetitive and the definition too standard (even on the so-called "HD" ones).

If you have problems with Kung-Fu, that's fine -- everyone has an opinion. I just didn't want to leave anyone thinking that they only have 4 titles.

Again. I hope they don't add more channels of either HD or SD until the issue of PQ can be addressed. That is why I signed up for VOOM.

TheTimm said:
A quick look at the Zap2It listings for Kung-Fu shows that from April 6 to April 17, a period of 12 days, they show 18 different movies. ...............If you have problems with Kung-Fu, that's fine -- everyone has an opinion. I just didn't want to leave anyone thinking that they only have 4 titles.

For anyone who has had VOOM for a while 17 of the 18 movies you describe have already been shown repeatedly. VOOM is only adding ONE new movie to the KungFU HD rotation for the entire month of April. In March, they added a whopping 5 movies for the whole month.

jnardone said:
For anyone who has had VOOM for a while 17 of the 18 movies you describe have already been shown repeatedly. VOOM is only adding ONE new movie to the KungFU HD rotation for the entire month of April. In March, they added a whopping 5 movies for the whole month.
Agreed. However, adding six new movies in two months is a far cry from having a library of only four movies. That's all I was saying.

Ever considered that perhaps some of the lack of new movies is patially due to all this crap about the R-1 Sat thats going on right now? Maybe once things are settled, one way or the other, we will see more improvements to lineup, channels and programming? Think alot of stuff is in a holding pattern right now because of R-1 issues & the uncertanty of whats next.

bratboy said:
Ever considered that perhaps some of the lack of new movies is patially due to all this crap about the R-1 Sat thats going on right now? Maybe once things are settled, one way or the other, we will see more improvements to lineup, channels and programming? Think alot of stuff is in a holding pattern right now because of R-1 issues & the uncertanty of whats next.

That seems to be someone's comment to every complaint about VOOM's poor service, lack of DVR, lack of promised new channels, etc.... Last I heard, VOOM was still employing the same number of people and charging subscribers full price. If they want to go into a "holding pattern" maybe they should reduce the subscription price until things are settled.

Does the fact that someone says it in each thread, an exageration I think, change the fact that it could be a mitigating factor? Why should they reduce pkg cost tho? I ordered vavavoom expecting to NOT have some channels that they actually added tween the time I placed the order and it was installed so Im getting what I ordered plus some. Im getting what I purchased so I don't really have an issue with Voom, no promises of new channels was made to me to get me to subscribe. Do I want more, of course I do, but Im not gonna complain that they are not giving me what I ordered as they are doing so.

What's the deal? From most of the posts I read in the past most people say the CSR's don't know any more than we do. Now someone posts a letter and you start freakin over it. Look at all the new channel's we have had gave to us recently. you gripe about the same movies being shown over and over on the HD channels.....well, what about the premium channels. It seems to me there are a lot of repeats on them and we pay extra for them. isn't anyone happy it's April and we're still Voomin?

I for one am happy with Voom overall. Sure, I would like the DVR, RSNs, WGN as well as more HD. Hell, I'd like it if a million bucks fell out of the sky landing in my back yard too but I'm not holding my breath! For the most part Voom gives me a great service with mostly good to great PQ for a reasonable price.