Receiver Upgrade Setup Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Eyedoctor2

Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
Miami, Florida
First Post- big time newbie!

I bought my son a 722 to replace a leased 222.

The 222 also fed a TV2 in a separate room that was an HDTV but only received SD because it was a TV2.

I want to put the leased 222 in the second room so that I can get HDTV there as well.

Do I have to get an installer to re-cable or somehow split the signal? I tried hooking the 222 to the former TV2 and get a "no signal detected" error.

I have two dish 500 satellites on the roof.

Thanks in advance for your help!

you need to run a new line from your Dish 500's dual lnb to your vip222. I'm assuming that even though you say you have 2 dish 500's that one dish actually has a single lnb hooked up to the other dish 500 that has a dual lnb. from there you should have at least 2 outputs on that dual lnb with one cable already going inside your home.you will need to run a 2nd cable.

FYI a single LNB has one eye while the Dual lnb has two.

by the way welcome newbie :welcome:rainbow

Thanks - more info

Thanks for the reply Rey.

I previously had two receivers in a four room setup.

One 722 with a TV2

One 222 with a TV2.

I bought the new 722 to replace the 222, and want to hook it up to the HDTV that used to be TV2 for the 222.

Does that info help?

so your question is if you need a new cable run to be able to use the 222 for HD in the 2nd room right?

Question

Basically, I just want to know what I need to do to put the 222 on the HDTV that was previously a TV2.

Do I need some sort of splitter or do I need to have a cable run?

Do two dish 500 satellites even support three receivers or do I need to update the dish?

Thanks!

Basically, I just want to know what I need to do to put the 222 on the HDTV that was previously a TV2.

Do I need some sort of splitter or do I need to have a cable run?

Do two dish 500 satellites even support three receivers or do I need to update the dish?

Thanks!

you will need a cable run directly from the dish.a splitter wont do. your dishes are fine. is one dish pointing a different way from the other? if so, one dish should only have one eye while the other should have two. if that's the case you will need to change the 2 eye lnb which should have 2 outputs to a quad lnb which has for up to 4 receivers since you currently have 3. do your dish lnb's look like this?

1 like this?

dish_network_dual_lnb.jpg

and the other like this?

dp_plus_lnb_big.jpg

You need to have a new cable run directly from the dish to the room with the 222. The cable currently in there was being fed from the other room.

which is why you weren't getting a satellite signal. this was used for passing your audio and video from the TV2 connection which doesn't transmit a satellite signal.

Thanks for the info everybody!

Thanks for the replies. Now I have to decide whether it will be worth the investment to get HDTV to the TV2.

Any idea of a ballpark figure how much it will cost me for an installer to come in and switch the dish 500 for a dish 1000.2 (parts and labor)?

I got the service originally installed last February. Sure wish they would have installed the 1000.2 then.

Thanks again!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)