Receiving Dish Network Signals at 118.7

JB884

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Hello,

Hoping someone here could answer a few questions for me.

I am interested in subscribing to the new Dish Network package of horse racing, RTN. As I understand this is broadcast on satellite 118.7. Does Dish Network offer a single dish that only receives this satellite or is it necessary to get the DISH 500 or 1000 plus?

My other question concerns the DishPro vs. DishPro Plus stuff. As I understand it DishPro Plus allows connecting a dual tuner receiver with only one cable. Are there special Dish Pro Plus LNBs that only allow this? Or is it possible to use a regular DishPro LNB hooked to a DishPro Plus switch like the DP44 to use the one cable solution?

Thanks for any help.
JB

Hello,

Hoping someone here could answer a few questions for me.

I am interested in subscribing to the new Dish Network package of horse racing, RTN. As I understand this is broadcast on satellite 118.7. Does Dish Network offer a single dish that only receives this satellite or is it necessary to get the DISH 500 or 1000 plus?

My other question concerns the DishPro vs. DishPro Plus stuff. As I understand it DishPro Plus allows connecting a dual tuner receiver with only one cable. Are there special Dish Pro Plus LNBs that only allow this? Or is it possible to use a regular DishPro LNB hooked to a DishPro Plus switch like the DP44 to use the one cable solution?

Thanks for any help.
JB
Dish 500 or 1000 plus is required if you want 118.7.

DPP Twin is the only LNB that incorporates the plus technology into the LNB, DPP 33 or 44 switches are used with Dish Pro single or dual LNBs to add Plus technology to other systems.

In your case a dish 500+ would be combined with a DPP switch to allow a single cable to be run to a dual tuner receiver.

Dish 500 or 1000 plus is required if you want 118.7.

DPP Twin is the only LNB that incorporates the plus technology into the LNB, DPP 33 or 44 switches are used with Dish Pro single or dual LNBs to add Plus technology to other systems.

In your case a dish 500+ would be combined with a DPP switch to allow a single cable to be run to a dual tuner receiver.

Thanks, that was what my understanding was. Just thought there may be a separate dish they may have had for 118.7 for specialty programming.

JB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)