Receiving Voom 10 and a few otherr 61.5 channels pre-Dish Install

tch

Original poster
May 5, 2005
Receiving Voom 10 and a few other 61.5 channels pre-Dish Install

Don't know if this will help any of you Voomers out there who are awaiting installation, but here's what I did.

Disclaimer: I'm not suggesting that any one else do this and I take no responsibility for anything that happens to anyone else based on the information in this post.

I had ordered Dish about a week before Voom shut down and several days before the Dish 10 channel announcement. I received my 942 last Friday and was scheduled for installation on Monday.

Once I heard the announcement, I called and asked them to sign me up for the Voom 10. The CSR said no problem other than they have to re-schedule the installation. Unfortunately, that isn't going to be until May 8th. Bummer, but I wanted Voom.

I decided to go ahead and see what the 942 would do with the Voom feed since the Voom dish was pointing in the right spot. I split the feed 3 ways and attached it to both satellite connections and the digital antenna connection. I powered on, went through set-up and voila!, it found the Voom channels. I also had my 5 OTA channels :D

I thought, what the heck, I'm calling a CSR and seeing if they'll turn it on. I got through quickly and a friendly fellow asked how he could help. Once he saw my account information, he saw that I was pending installation. I told him I was partially installed and I was seeing the channels in the program guide. He took the system information from me and activated me.

I started seeing some of the channels including the pentagon channel, but when I tried the Voom channels I got the check switch message. Oh well, at least I tried right?

Well, last night while changing channels the Voom channels started coming in. It'll be nice to get the Dish channels next Tuesday, but till then, I'm Voomin!

Locals in Hd

Can't decide on HD-DVR for $250.00

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts