Record entire show once started?

WakeBdr

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Cumming, GA
If I am watching a show and suddenly decide I want to record it, is the 522 supposed to record the entire programe from the beginning? I thought I read that it is. I was just watching something and 5 minutes in decided I wanted to record it. It only recorded the next 55 minutes, even though I had been on that channel since the start of the program.

There is also the "record entire event" choice that is supposed to be there if you were already tuned to that channel before the show began. I don't trust it though, I always rewind and press record. Then you can fast forward back to where you were.

WakeBdr said:
I don't get the "record entire event" option. I only get "record remainder" when I press record.
You only get the record entire event choice when you send it to the same tuner you are watching. If you have Record Plus automatically sending it to the other tuner, that choice isn't available.

You could also do a search and record it the next time it comes on (if it comes on again, if it dont conflict with another timer, etc).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)