Recording starts at odd time, or stops early.

BigTimMN

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
I have had a couple of over the last few weeks, and was wondering if anyone else has had this on the 622.

1. I recorded the Survivor Reunion show for my wife, and it only recorded 38 minutes of the hour. just cut off. (It wasnt due to football delay, as i had it set to record the show after, and that recorded correctly and we missed the majority of the show)

2. Then i went to record the Tournament of Roses Parade on DiscHD, and i set the timer up, but it started well into the half hour that it was supposed to start.

In both cases, the timers showed very odd amounts of time, and the guide was showing it right.

Anyone else see this happen?

Actually had something like this happen to me yesterday. Was watching an NHL game (actually S. Yzerman's retirement ceremony on Fox-Detroit) then decided to record the rest so I hit record and confirmed that it was recording. I continued watching and when it was over and I replayed the broadcast. Unfortunately about the first ten or fifteen minutes was missing. Have no idea why. I think this has happened once before. I have no problems with the regularly recorded events I set timers to.

Actually had something like this happen to me yesterday. Was watching an NHL game (actually S. Yzerman's retirement ceremony on Fox-Detroit) then decided to record the rest so I hit record and confirmed that it was recording. I continued watching and when it was over and I replayed the broadcast. Unfortunately about the first ten or fifteen minutes was missing. Have no idea why. I think this has happened once before. I have no problems with the regularly recorded events I set timers to.

Did you rewind back to the start of the show then press record? Or did you hit record while the game was already in progress.

I think all Dish dvr's destroy anything in the buffer if you record on the fly.

Both of mine were previously set Timers, so they should have been 1:04 or 3:04 in length and were like 38 minutes, and 1:44 minutes. one cut off early, and one started late.

If it happens again, i guess i call tech support.

I too have experienced recordings on my 622 over the last several days that were either starting a few minutes late, or ended early. Not every recording did this. I haven't figured out a pattern yet. I'm glad to see someone else having the same problem (sorry, BigTimMN!) as this tells me it's more software related than a problem with just my box...

somewhat glad to hear its others as well... Its only been a couple of times, and tahts probably due to the fact taht I havnt been recording much here in the rerun period.. but i will be watching real close as the new shows start up again, i would hate to miss part of Heroes, Prisonbreak or 24.

As soon as i see it again, I will be calling dish..

Were these OTA or satellite?

Could sustained loss of signal on OTA truncate a recording? Short loss or lowering of signal just puts up a message say 2 seconds before the problem. Time machine or buffering?

-Ken

Were these OTA or satellite?

Could sustained loss of signal on OTA truncate a recording? Short loss or lowering of signal just puts up a message say 2 seconds before the problem. Time machine or buffering?

-Ken

The only recording that I remember for sure came off of A&E, but there were others as well. I will be watching closely--but hoping not to see a recurrence of the problem.
Another oddity was a timer for "new" shows only that recorded the same show 4 times in two days. Only the first was new, the rest repeats of the first...

Did you rewind back to the start of the show then press record? Or did you hit record while the game was already in progress.

I think all Dish dvr's destroy anything in the buffer if you record on the fly.

Hmmmm....that could be it. Then again I've done this often and have not noticed buffer material destroyed in the past. I'll keep an eye out for this next time though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)