Recordings shutting off during playback

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

naccoachbob

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
Nacogdoches, Tx
I've recorded a lot of shows, mostly on CBS, though not all, and sometimes when I watch the show while the program is still recording from my timer, it will stop playback near the end. At that point, I'm only able to re-start, but even when I do, it stops in the same place, usually with 10 or less minutes remaining in the program.
For example, we always set up NCIS to record. It started at 7:00 PM local. I went to my remote about 7:15 or so, selected the recording for that episode, and started watching it from the beginning. About 4 minutes before the end, the recording stopped, and the receiver took me back to my selection of recordings.
Now, I've found that I can unplug the receiver, plug it back up, wait for it to cycle, and then start the recording again. At that point I fast forward to the spot where it had stopped before, and can continue to watch the rest of the show.
Again, I mostly notice it on CBS, but don't think it's just that channel. I seem to remember it happening on other channels. Also, it only seems to occur if I'm watching a previously set up program while the program is still on. If I had waited until after 8PM to watch this show, it would have done just fine.
Is this a faulty receiver? Does it happen to others? What can I do about it?
Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)