Red Stripe

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2003
Have any of you ever tried this Jamaican Lager? This is good stuff and I recommend it for people who enjoy imported lagers. I can’t compare it to another brand but it does taste similar to something that I’ve had before but I can’t place it. I’m on my last beer of this 6-pak and I can still taste beer believe it or not. I suppose it has a good aftertaste.

I enjoy trying foreign beers by the 6-pak because I can try a new brand often and taste the world so to speak. I’ve tried Moosehead, Labbat’s Ice, Spaten, Grolsch, Heineken, Fosters, Victory (US) and Lowenbrau within the past couple of months. After having all these I bought some Budweiser and boy did it reek and was foul. American beer sucks and it’s watered down. A good American beer which should be out soon in a month or so is Samuel Adam’s Oktoberfest (yum) and I can’t wait.

Life is too precious to waste it on cheap, watered down, filled with corn and rice by big corporations instead of what beer is supposed to be made of which is hops and barley. I’m going to be drinking Red Stripe while serving the Pub with Bud or Coors because of price. :D

What imports do you like? What is Guinness like?

Saying American beer sucks is very general and really not true as it would be for any country. American "MASS MARKETED" beer may suck, but that is generally true of any mass production.

Try sampling microbrews and that will be a better test. I like Fat Tire and Blue Paddle from New Belgium brands and it is made in the USA.

There are many others so I would do some research HERE as well as some goggling or visiting a local pub or brewpub similar to THIS ;not a regular bar. Choose a location and then select BEERS. Here is a sample list. Enjoy, I hope you find a few keepers.

Guinness is very dark, and thick; is is an acquired taste.

Attachments

• beerlist_6.pdf
    476.3 KB · Views: 216
Rumor has it that Balashi (from Aruba) will soon be imported into the US! I can't wait. Im tired of shoving it into every available square inch of space in my suitcases coming back from Aruba.

Status
Not open for further replies.