Refurbished 622 and Guide default problem

dannsh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 26, 2005
Clinton, MT
Since receiving the refurbished 622 we have been having a problem with the guide pop-up. We change each tuner to use the guide button and not the pop-up, but overnight the guide resets the the guide pop-up. Dish Tech support had no answer except unplugging and plugging in the receiver. Which did not work.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Since receiving the refurbished 622 we have been having a problem with the guide pop-up. We change each tuner to use the guide button and not the pop-up, but overnight the guide resets the the guide pop-up. Dish Tech support had no answer except unplugging and plugging in the receiver. Which did not work.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Really have no idea what you are referring to. The only "pop-up" is Mode pop-up. Never heard of guide pop-up. Terminology may be a problem here.

Never seen or heard of this problem occuring on a 622. My 622 with L623 software doesn't do it.. But my 722K does have this issue.. As I stated above this is a known issue on the 722K. If it's doing it on your 622 then you have a bad receiver or a receiver that has the wrong or bad software in it.

i had the same problem with a 622.
i called dish and they didn't have an answer. after about 2 months it started to work the right way. Dish does not know why.........

Really have no idea what you are referring to. The only "pop-up" is Mode pop-up. Never heard of guide pop-up. Terminology may be a problem here.

You're a correct. I am talking about the Favorites/Guide Selection/Guide button/Guide Pop-up menu under preferences.

Never seen or heard of this problem occuring on a 622. My 622 with L623 software doesn't do it.. But my 722K does have this issue.. As I stated above this is a known issue on the 722K. If it's doing it on your 622 then you have a bad receiver or a receiver that has the wrong or bad software in it.

I did asked if it was a software issue, but the tech did not know. Hopefully it will go away with next software download.

Go to Menu - 8 - 2 - Select "Guide Button" to change the guide selection. Reboot the receiver.

If it resets to "Guide Pop UP", I would reset the receiver to factory defaults. I believe you lose your Favorites if you do that though.

Go to Menu - 8 - 2 - Select "Guide Button" to change the guide selection. Reboot the receiver.

If it resets to "Guide Pop UP", I would reset the receiver to factory defaults. I believe you lose your Favorites if you do that though.

thanks for the suggestion. If I have to do the factory defaults I will have to wait for the boss to come home. She gets upset when we have reenter all of that stuff. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts