Regional Sport Channel Confusion and Dish

dlarruso

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
Hey gang,
Hope you can help me figure this one out. I want to watch the BYU football game on comcast Sports Net West(channel 409) this Sat. I am in Phoenix Arizona and Dish has been very confusing and inconsitent. This is my buddies experience when I was over at his house today. I am trying to get this straight before I order at mine.

He calls up Dish says he wants to order the $5.99 sports pack in order to get comcast sports net west. He fought with them for a long time and they insisted that he allready had the channel. He finally convinced them that he did not (doesn't even show up on the all channel guide as an option to turn to). Then the guy says that due to geography, it is not part of the Top 120. He then got transfered and talked to a supervisor who says with the Top 180 it should be part of the package but because of location he can't get it.

They did not want to do it, saying it would do no good, but he finally convinced them ( I know odd to try to convince them to take more money) to add the $5.99 Sports Package to his programming and he gets the channel now.

We specifically checked before and after the conversation with Dish. He did not have Comcast Sports (Ch 409) before due to his location (they said). When we checked a little while ago, he has it, since he signed up for the Multi-Sports Pack.

So are they correct in saying that they won't give me 409 as part of Top 120 because of my location. But if I insist on paying extra for the sports pack (which you already have as part of Top 120) then 409 works?

Thanks SG's

Last edited:
Okay...the moron at Dish that said that CCSN is part of AT120 in that market is wrong. The morons may have been thinking about BYU TV (in the 9400 range) that is part of AT60 but has nothing to do with sports most of the time.

The good news is, yes Comcast Sports West is definitely part of the mult-sports package for $5.99. That package can be added to AT60PLUS (not AT60) and above.

The bad news is that any out of market RSN is subject to black-outs. So you may get the channel and see the pre-game show and when the game comes on a black-out screen is placed on your screen. Check the program listings and make sure there isn't a "no" sign (circle with a line through it) the info screen.

See ya
Tony

But it can change up until game time. Preseason hockey was blacked out but I tuned in and the games were on. Roll the dice on the package because you probably won't be disappointed. But be prepared if you upgrade and want to cancel after the weekend they will stick you with a $5 downgrade fee.

TNGTony said:
The bad news is that any out of market RSN is subject to black-outs. So you may get the channel and see the pre-game show and when the game comes on a black-out screen is placed on your screen. Check the program listings and make sure there isn't a "no" sign (circle with a line through it) the info screen.

See ya
Tony

However, it's my experience that out-of-market college sports are rarely blacked out. I seem to think the SEC has a number of regional agreements, but otherwise college sports will almost always air.

The major pro sports, OTOH, are almost always blacked out on out-of-market RSNs, unless you have the corresponding programming package for that sport (i.e. Extra Innings for baseball, League Pass for NBA, etc.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)