Regional Sports Channels

bayzbol44

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
Carpentersville, IL
I just signed up for the Platinum HD package. They are telling me that I can not get all the regional sport channels because of the area I live in (Chicago). Is this correct? D* never had this restriction. This is pissing me off. NESN (434) is not even showing up on my guide (622 receiver). Anyone else deal with this issue?

It is not part of the Platinum HD package? My sales rep said it was. Is the Platinum HD the same as the Everything Package with HD? The Everything Package shows it includes the regional sport packages.

The Everything pack is AT180+all movie channels. It includes your local RSN (not all of them). To get all of them, you need to purchase the Multi sports pack for 5.99 (subject to blackouts especially on pro sports)

We jokingly call it the "almost everything pack" because there is stuff missing

So you are saying even though I signed up for the most expensive HD package, it does not include the Multi Sports package? This sucks. My wife is going to be pissed. I will have to give my rep an earful (for what its worth).

bayzbol44 said:
So you are saying even though I signed up for the most expensive HD package, it does not include the Multi Sports package?

bingo

also doesn't include the Superstations either (WPIX, KTLA, KWGN, WWOR, WSBK). Those are 5.99 extra

bayzbol44 said:
So you are saying even though I signed up for the most expensive HD package, it does not include the Multi Sports package? This sucks. My wife is going to be pissed. I will have to give my rep an earful (for what its worth).

I think with D* you had to do the same as there top of the line package doesnt include them either unless you get the titaniam deal :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

No. Yes is not on E*. Never has.

I'm laughing only because of the constant threads asking about when Dish will finally get YES. The answer is, as long as Ues is charging what they are currently charging for the channel with the set of conditions they have on it, NEVER. :)

ok stop it, now you're just trying to be a comedian with that Sunday Ticket line...

bayzbol44 said:
I just signed up for the Platinum HD package. They are telling me that I can not get all the regional sport channels because of the area I live in (Chicago). Is this correct? D* never had this restriction. This is pissing me off. NESN (434) is not even showing up on my guide (622 receiver). Anyone else deal with this issue?

Bayzbol,

If you live in Chicago and your Dish Network service address is in Chicago, then whether you get the Multi-Sports package or not you will NOT be able to view Pro Sports on NESN.

The only sports you will be able to get without being blacked out are some College sports and any Farm Team Sports, like AAA Baseball, or some Lacrosse games.

If you wish to view Red Sox or Bruins games then you will have to purchase the League OOM package (Out Of Market), ie MLB Extra Innings, NHL Center Ice etc. You might be able to see the ends of some games, if the game goes passed the scheduled end then you will see the end of a game or two. You can also get NESN's pre grame and post game shows.

John

BFG said:
ok stop it, now you're just trying to be a comedian with that Sunday Ticket line...

No, no, no, I am serious. We had a 10 minute conversation about it. He was confusing the ticket with the NFL Network announcement (availability now with a cheaper package).

JohnL, thanks. I understand that. I get want those channels to watch minor league baseball and college baseball.

Are the MLB games blacked out, that are repeated, the next day? I notice that these regional channels may show a "repeat" ballgame, from the night before.

MLB repeats are blacked out as well. As said above, the only MLB you will see with Multi-Sport (on E*) is the end of games that run over three hours (BTW a *lot* of Red Sox games run over) and for viewers in outlying areas you may qualify for an additional team with Multi-Sport (ex. Harrisburg PA gets Orioles games by default, with Multi-Sport gets Pirates games as well).

So, really the channel comparison that lists "Regional Sports Network(s)" for HD Gold and Platinum, doesn't include any of the Comcast Sports or Fox Sports? Moses told me they came with the cost of the package.

Last edited:
with the Silver and above you get your local RSN (s) depending on your area

Silver is AT120+HD
Gold is AT180+HD
Platimum is AT180+movies+HD

and they show in 120 & 180 your local RSN (s)

bayzbol44 said:
Two lies from this sales rep then. OMG! HE also insisted they had the NFL Sunday Package. I told him he should stop doing drugs.

Will you stop with the "OMG!"'s I get this picture of a gumchewing teenage girl twirling her hair while lying on her bed in jammies talking to her bestest friend on the phone about the cute boy that happened to say hi... Creepy

Are you sure you aren't confusing a conversation with an E* rep with one with a D* rep?

The D* rep would have told you that they had YES and NFL:ST.

I've known people who called both in the same day and got the stories mangled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts