Remapping a Shaw Direct DSR-600 Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mikekohl

Prehistoric Satellite Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 4, 2004
Montfort, Wisconsin
When Shaw Direct previously used the Anik F1R satellite at 107.3 West, mapping of satellite receivers was normally done while tuned to channel 299 for the downloading and tuning process. This advice was modified to channel 252 for the DSR-600 receiver (if it had never been previously used) or channel 700 if it had been received directly from Shaw Direct. Mapping for channels on Anik F2 at 111.1 West and the XKu-Band Anik G1 at 107.3 West was done when Shaw Direct was contacted to activate the receiver, after first mapping Anik F1R only, with a satellite download.

This process has now changed, with direct signals available from Anik F2 (111.1 West) and Anik G1 (107.3 West). If one has a DSR-600 receiver that did not get remapped during last year's shuffle of channels, it now needs to be reset with current channel setup. My question is: what channel should one tune to for remapping download, and is it on Anik G1 or Anik F2? I was testing a customer's receiver in the above situation, and it had channel 299 still mapped into it, working directly from that channel's location. I went ahead and did a master reset, hoping to use one of the above three channels (299, 252 or 700) to do a basic remap. Had option of wiring a fixed dish with conventional 10750 Ku-band LNBF pointing at 111.1/F2, or an XKu system tested and working for both satellites (G1 and F2). None of these channels seem to work, no matter how I configure the receiver, doing an Options 1122 reset to select XKu or regular Ku-band LNBF format. I even plugged in a dish directly to F2 and hard wired it to the receiver. No luck on these channel numbers. Does anyone know of a recommended channel number to use for downloading updated maps at this point? Your help is much appreciated.

Reactions: c-spand
Hi Mike

I found this link

The article is not dated, so I have no idea whether it's Shaw's "new system" or not. It mentions (under "Map Status") a couple of channels that you did not try.

HTH
Thank you for the link, but it is no longer available. I still do not have a confirmation on what channel # to attempt using for a new download after Master Reset, but another suggestion seems to be NOT to reset, and if you have a receiver with an existing memory still in place, try and find a channel that still works or provides some metering level. Work with that, and let information load into the receiver, and if you have success, only then contact S.D. to have them remap and reauthorize a receiver. All information that I have found on the Internet about Master Reset seems to be written BEFORE Anik F1R was taken out of service. So if you can make a known channel number work while viewing Anik F2, there may still be hope.

Weird.....if I click the link in my post above I get a "404" error. But if I Google "Shaw Direct Channel Map Download", I can see the document. Maybe it's an archived page. I snipped the text and attached below.

Also, I'm sending you an e-mail to your Global Address on a related subject.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    20.9 KB · Views: 142
Think Shaw is in the process of replacing the older receivers, they sent us a new one that arrived today.
Haven't gone through the process of setting it up yet, will try and find out what channel it uses for mapping.

Set up the new receiver last night, couldn't really find anything in the menu that indicated where it was getting the channel maps from, but it seems to have had all the maps already in place as all the channels showed up as soon as it started up and got through the setup screens (maybe a minute). It seemed to lock 107 faster then 111 so my bet would be one of the 107 TPs.
-C.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Latest posts