Reminder: How to Watch the Moon Bombing

ryotgz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
USA
From Gizmodo:
"In case you missed it, NASA is bombing the Moon tomorrow morning at 7:31AM Eastern/4:31AM Pacific. Here you have a simulation of the projectile's approach, which will cause a 30-mile high plume."

Source
NASA mission link

On Dish we can tune to NASA TV channel 213 at 7:30am EST. I have my DVR set to record and the time slot shows up as ISS Mission coverage for me.

I think OP thinks that NASA is only available on DN posting this in the DN area LOL

It was a big dud on the visible light part of the spectrum and also the IR part. Nothing at all visible from the craft. I hope they did pick something up on the other instruments.

Guess the best part was after the craft hit the moon the Flight Director stood up being proud and then a Engineer in front of him packed up his laptop / power supply and walked out. End of Mission. Wasn't worth televising this event unless someone was shooting the moon with a HD camera with a 100x HD lens in 2x Extender. Might have seen something then. . .

hitthat.gif

I thought that was hilarious.

And his jacket......... He was outta there in a hurry......
After he packed his laptop he walked over to unplug his power adapter for the laptop and another staffer attempted to high five him and was DENIED.

That guy wanted to get the hell out of there.

BTW what kind of explosion was that? I have seen MUCH better explosions on Mythbusters!

After he packed his laptop he walked over to unplug his power adapter for the laptop and another staffer attempted to high five him and was DENIED.

That guy wanted to get the hell out of there.

BTW what kind of explosion was that? I have seen MUCH better explosions on Mythbusters!

I was watching at work with a friend and we noticed the guy left him hanging too! So uncool man!

Blows for the people who actually went to one of the actual events to watch this happen. Not even worth watching on the internet....

That girl on the Science team also needs some remedial training on communications. I thought she was about to wet her pants. Precious seconds were lost because she didn't use proper comm (N) instead of November and breaking in between the comm from Flight to OPS. OPS had to confirm November instead of Mike and then she broke in again.

Not good trusting the last few seconds of something that can only happen once to what seems to be a teenager. She was shown a few times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)