remote code for Samsung combo unit

kryong

Original poster
Dec 14, 2006
I have been searching the code for Samsung VCR/DVD combo unit (VR-345), but I couldn't find it. This forum is the last hope. I saw a post saying there is sticky post by Scott to list updated codes here, but I can't find it either.

I know there is a solution to use a universal remote to control both of 625 and VR-345, but I'd like to use 625 remote to control VR-345. I heard Combo unit is the most difficult to know the remote code... Power scan was no help. Any help/hint is appreciated.
Thanks,

Turn on the TV. Push and hold down the TV mode button on the Dish remote. When all mode lights come on release TV button. Then press the large red power button on the Dish remote. Now press the up arrow until the TV turns off (do this slowly otherwise you can overshoot the code). Then press the search button (#). The TV mode light will blink three times. If this does not find the code then there isn't one programmed into the remote for that TV.

VR-345 is not a TV combo. It is VRC/DVD combo as mentioned above.
I tried all possible listed codes and also tried power scan. It never turns off, and that's why I gave it up. Now I tried a couple of codes listed and found it does not turn off again, but accidentally I push "play" or "FF" button and found it works!! It does not work with "power" button, but as long as "play"/"stop" is working, I'm happy enough...

What I want to say here is "power off" DOES NOT always indicate that the code is working.

I used to have a Samsung DVD/VCR combo, dv2500 or something. I was using it with a Dish receiver. (Not the Dish remote. But, I did get the receiver to control it via the 3-digit code, which is normally the same code.) I can't remember the code now. But, I do know that I found one back then.

Did you try every code for Samsung, including standalone DVD (738, 651, 652, 667, 668, 691, 740, 741) and VCR (738, 515, 517, 534, 579, 591, 675, 755), in additition to DVD/VCR (738, 667, 691)?