Remote control battery is low

omeletpants

omeletpants

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 12, 2006
No matter how many new batteries I place in my 54.0 remote it says that "the remote control battery is low". Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_0256.jpg
    IMG_0256.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 64
omeletpants

omeletpants

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 12, 2006
That notice asks you to not move your remote for 5 minutes. It probably doesn’t take that long. It is all done via radio frequency.
I moived the remote immediately. How can i tell if the remote upgrade was sucessful

Reactions: charlesrshell
Bobby

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
I moived the remote immediately. How can i tell if the remote upgrade was sucessful
The remote knows. It actually talks to the receiver and tells it what version software it has. If the receiver decides it is old software the receiver will send the proper one again. I wouldn’t be concerned about moving the remote as long as it stayed in the same room.

sktrus

sktrus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 4, 2020
Ken ta kee
Question. Do Dish remotes update automatically with regular Hopper/Joey updates?
Do we need to unpair/pair them to make sure they have the latest update?

charlesrshell

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
I wonder if the remotes still do an auto backup once a week! Use to be able to see the backup dates but I think that went away when the new GUI came out.

Reactions: TheKrell
D

DishSubLA

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2006
This must be why I constantly the Battery Low message on nearly every command sent to the Joey using my Slingbox. This forum is great.

Foxbat

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
Do you have a way of checking the voltage of your batteries? Batteries can go bad waiting to be used. Also, it is possible that one of the contacts inside the remote has corroded enough to reduce the voltage seen by the remote.

D

DishSubLA

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2006
I no longer get the battery low message when using my Slingbox connected to one Joey, so it must have been a Dish bug.