Remote will not control Toshiba TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jclick

Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
Green Cove Springs, FL
I'm a new directv customer. The installer programmed all of our TV's to power off with the directv remote. I just changed out one of the TV's to a Toshiba CZ27t31. I've found the codes that are supposed to work with this but I can't get it to work. I was thinking that maybe my TV doesn't work with a remote so I tried the Toshiba remote and it will not work during the directv remote setup process. As soon as a got out of setup, my toshiba remote worked fine... seemed kinda strange but maybe that's normal. Anyways, I still can't control the TV with the Directv remote. Any suggestions? Thanks.

The reason the Toshiba remote didn't work while you were in the setup of the DVR remote is because of IR interference. The DVR remote was sending out IR and prevented the Toshiba remote from getting through to the TV.

Have you tried the manual method in the manual for finding the correct remote code?

There are certain toshiba regza models that are not compatible with any of the directv white remotes. Reason is the extra signal added to the commands coming from the white directv remotes, this extra signal makes the toshiba commands unrecognizable to the regza models. This signal CAN"T be turned off, and any new white directv remote will have this problem too.

If you were to do a codesearch you would come up with many working codes, but once the code is locked in the extra signal returns and it won't control the toshiba anymore. The white remote haven't changed they always had this extra signal, what did change was the toshiba tv's became extra sensitive to the commands it accepts.

I think this is the problem of the signals which affects and prevent to send the signal. But once u will be adjusted with it then u will have habit of it. :)

I have never been able to get a single toshiba code to work ever, without having to slide the switch to tv and hit the power button. On/Off never seems to work. Volume is always fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts