Renewal Price For MLB EI Super Fan

Status
Please reply by conversation.
this is the last time i'm going to say this.....leave the feuding at the door or expect a vacation, questioner. i hate to post this here but my pm from last week must still be sitting in your box unread!!!

I didn't get any pm, I'll have to look into this.

But if you are looking at this thread, it's scobuck who is trying to start arguments in public, I am trying to keep it to pms and ignoring his off topic remarks. If anyone gets a vacation, it should be him.

FWIW... I am a Dodger fan transplanted to Florida. Since getting D* in '94 I have always had EI. Last year quite a few Dodger games were not shown on D*, so I had to get the MLB Web package to see them. The quality of the SD broadcasts on D*were dreadful, so the web pictures were pretty comparable. With the added cost for HD and the added cost, I decided to go with web only this year. Well, I called up and canceled, expecting that someone would at least ask why or try to keep me (one of their "most valued customers" don't ya' know!). NOT ONE WORD! See ya' bye! No one seemed to care they were losing me. I thought I'd get to say why or get to complain about the quality or price... but nothing! Well, I guess I got what I wanted!:)

MLB EI Schedule

I don't think this has been broached by other topics (although please merge as appropriate) but it seems to me that the EI schedule that has been released by Directv has more games than in previous years.

Im a Phillies fan living in Washington DC and it used to piss me off that many Phillies games were not on EI (I know that Comcast Philly dont put them on so you have to watch them on the away team schedule). This year I think that all but one are on in the first month.

Does anyone know if the Phillies are on, or whether there is a more extensive schedule this year in general now that it has gone exclusive. This may be a deciding factor is getting it from Directv rather than MLB TV.

Thanks!

Phillies fan here too in Columbus, Ohio. I noticed the same thing, well, at least for April. Looks like we will have many more but I can't see any of the San Diego series or Toronto series being on. Other than that maybe we will finally get the lions share of games this year. Been a long time coming!

This MLB Super Fan thing is yet another transparent attempt by DTV to reach as far into its customers' pockets as possible. I mean, really:

1. I'm subscribing to Extra Innings.
2. I'm an HD subscriber.
3. And now I have to pay more money to get "up to" 10 MLB games a week in HD? I thought I already paid for HD!

From what I've been told, some HD games will still show up on channels 94-96. But why is DTV making no attempt to reach out to people who have been subscribing to Extra Innings for many years? I guess now that they have a monopoly on the MLB package, they can do whatever they want. Well, I'm not playing. I've cancelled EI, and DTV might be next to go.

By the way, regarding all of you Direct TV loyalists on Satellite Guys...what's in it for you?

MLB EI Superfan question

On DirecTV.com it shows several games next week on channels 730-731, do any of these channels show up on your guide? On mine it starts with 734. thanks for the help. btw I have an HR20 but a 3LNB dish.

there is no renewal fee for mlb ei super fan, as its the first year super fan is offered

I'm thinking a re-read of the first post would clear up your confusion. It says that for renewal MLB EI subs, they can get the SuperFan add on for a reduced cost of $29 (regualar price for it would be $39).

I know, I got it for $29. I had the MLB EI package last year.

I'm thinking a re-read of the first post would clear up your confusion. It says that for renewal MLB EI subs, they can get the SuperFan add on for a reduced cost of $29 (regualar price for it would be $39).

I know, I got it for $29. I had the MLB EI package last year.
i got it for 39.00 but with 6 months 5 dollars credits works out to 10 bucks for me

all i was saying is this is 1st year mlb ei superfan is offered

Phillies fan here too in Columbus, Ohio. I noticed the same thing, well, at least for April. Looks like we will have many more but I can't see any of the San Diego series or Toronto series being on. Other than that maybe we will finally get the lions share of games this year. Been a long time coming!

Looks like they are actually counting any MLB games being shown on TV in their MLB EI schedule. Yesterday the Phillies Braves was included in the schedule for EI online but was actually on TBS and not on one of the EI channels.

Thats ok if they want to advertise what baseball you can see on Direct but I think they should separate the games that are actually part of the package as opposed to those on ESPN, TBS etc

Yup, I see that. Actually ok with me, only have to check one sourse for the games . It also did list the channel for the Phils/Braves game as 247 (TBS) so nothing underhanded at all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

What size mast for at9?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)