replace original hoppers with hopper3?

jahost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 2, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Hello, it has been months and months since I have visited this forum. I still have 2 original hoppers and one joey which were installed the first day they were available. I know zero about the new hopper3. What would I need to replace my current equipment, how would it compare cost wise and how would it compare quality wise.
any help would be appreciated. My wife has a bunch of recordings that she doesn't want to lose but I don't want to mess around with copying them to a external drive. She probably wouldn't watch most of them anyway so I will tell her it can't be done. She would lose them anyway if her hopper failed. My hopper has failed several times. That is the reason I haven't checked out the hopper3 before. "Thanks jahost"

"If Momma ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy!"

Look out for, take care of, and CHERISH your wife. She no doubt does for you.

Sigh. If that didn't do the trick, what if she finds out later you lied to her?

Transferring is easy. Spring for a hundred. Or borrow one.

Your cost might go down a tad. Some say PQ is a bit better, others say no way.

Dish will do the swap out, so you don't need to be concerned with the LNB swap out.

Let me rephrase that remark. I would say that I don't know how to do it which is true. there is nothing that couldn't be recovered in a couple of weeks. "jahost"

Let me rephrase that remark. I would say that I don't know how to do it which is true.

https://www.mydish.com/support/use-ehd

Now you DO...& it's NOT hard at all. If you know now to plug in a power & USB cable, you can do this as well. If you are only talking about a few recordings, then it should be even LESS of a deal then; it only takes about 5-6 min to x-fer an hour HD show. (even less if it's SD)
You may decide you might need this even with a new Hopper & other than the one-time HDD cost, there are NO other charges to use this feature:

Hello, it has been months and months since I have visited this forum. I still have 2 original hoppers and one joey which were installed the first day they were available. I know zero about the new hopper3. What would I need to replace my current equipment, how would it compare cost wise and how would it compare quality wise.
any help would be appreciated. My wife has a bunch of recordings that she doesn't want to lose but I don't want to mess around with copying them to a external drive. She probably wouldn't watch most of them anyway so I will tell her it can't be done. She would lose them anyway if her hopper failed. My hopper has failed several times. That is the reason I haven't checked out the hopper3 before. "Thanks jahost"
PM DIRT on here and tell them your setup and ask them for a quote on the price difference, now for my 2 cents you know your own house you say what you want about things lol.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)