Replacement Mini-Genie Instructions are sub-optimal

dlma1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Murrysville, PA
I no longer have DTV, but my older sister does. One of her mini-genie receivers stopped working so they sent her a replacement. The instructions were terrible. She had her remote set to RF (as most people do, I suppose) so of course the unit didn't recognize the remote. I had to help her. After some frustration, I realized what the problem was and reset the remote to be IR and got it working. And the instructions also mentioned something about "activation" but it didn't seem necessary since the we got it working. Not really a question but more of a venting session. It was very frustrating and confusing for her since she is not very technically savvy, and one would think that DTV would at least tell people that they need to reset their existing remote!

Reactions: Stuart Sweet
Reactions: dlma1
Thats why this is the second most popular article at The Solid Signal Blog.

As for activation, it’s just common practice to put that on every box. If the CSR does their job right with a Genie 2, the client should come ready to go and not need activation.
Ok, thanks. On the remote issue, I found out how to reset the remote by a web search, but it would have been nice if Direct TV had bothered to put that in the instructions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)