Replacement Receiver

probinson

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
NW Pennsylvania
I have a question I think I know the answer to, but I'd like to ask it anyway to see if I'm right...

Last fall, I "moved" to Pittsburgh, PA, which is about 90 minutes from where I actually live, so I could see all of the Steelers games and so my kids could get PBS in HD.

My 622 has been rock solid for 4 years, but now, it is making a horrible clicking noise, and I'm pretty convinced that its hard drive is dying/dead. I can unplug it and plug it back in and it will work for about an hour or so, but then I get the hard drive failed message and the clicking starts again. So its time to get a replacement receiver from Dish, which from my understanding, shouldn't cost me much (except maybe shipping?) since I pay for the monthly protection plan.

If I call and ask Dish to send out a replacement receiver, will they automatically send it to my service address, or can I tell them to send it to my billing address?

I have a question I think I know the answer to, but I'd like to ask it anyway to see if I'm right...

Last fall, I "moved" to Pittsburgh, PA, which is about 90 minutes from where I actually live, so I could see all of the Steelers games and so my kids could get PBS in HD.

My 622 has been rock solid for 4 years, but now, it is making a horrible clicking noise, and I'm pretty convinced that its hard drive is dying/dead. I can unplug it and plug it back in and it will work for about an hour or so, but then I get the hard drive failed message and the clicking starts again. So its time to get a replacement receiver from Dish, which from my understanding, shouldn't cost me much (except maybe shipping?) since I pay for the monthly protection plan.

If I call and ask Dish to send out a replacement receiver, will they automatically send it to my service address, or can I tell them to send it to my billing address?

You can request they ship it to your billing address.

Yes, I get it. If you are going to do something illegal, I'd take the extra time to drive 90 min, if needed.

I'd laugh if the audit team calls you

And in the meantime, back up any programs you want to keep from that 622 ASAP to an EHD.

Just make sure that you specify that you want the receiver shipped to your BILLING address. Then make sure the CSR reads it back to you verbatim so there is no mistakes. If it does get shipped to the wrong address, it will most likely be refused because it can't be delivered and will be sent back to DISH . Then you have to start all over again with another rma. I've been a mover for years and I always get my boxes shipped to the BILLING address ,except one time an lnb was shipped to my Aunt's address , that I was using for my service address. She simply shipped it to me and I still got it.

Just make sure that you specify that you want the receiver shipped to your BILLING address. Then make sure the CSR reads it back to you verbatim so there is no mistakes. If it does get shipped to the wrong address, it will most likely be refused because it can't be delivered and will be sent back to DISH . Then you have to start all over again with another rma. I've been a mover for years and I always get my boxes shipped to the BILLING address ,except one time an lnb was shipped to my Aunt's address , that I was using for my service address. She simply shipped it to me and I still got it.

Thanks

I'll probably do this over their online chat, as I've found emailing myself a transcript of the chat is a fool proof way to prove what was said and by whom. This saved me during the FX blackout, as I was promised a $5/month credit for 6 months via an online chat with the loyalty department which I never received. Initially, the guy I spoke to 2 months later on the second chat offered me 2 PPV certificates, but then I provided them with my first chat transcript, and they transferred me to the loyalty department again where I was given a $5/month credit for 12 months, which began showing up on my bill last month.

Thanks

I'll probably do this over their online chat, as I've found emailing myself a transcript of the chat is a fool proof way to prove what was said and by whom. This saved me during the FX blackout, as I was promised a $5/month credit for 6 months via an online chat with the loyalty department which I never received. Initially, the guy I spoke to 2 months later on the second chat offered me 2 PPV certificates, but then I provided them with my first chat transcript, and they transferred me to the loyalty department again where I was given a $5/month credit for 12 months, which began showing up on my bill last month.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

I just wanted to thank you all for your responses. I just did the online chat to do the exchange, and the RMA now shows up under "My Shipments" on the Dish site as being shipped to my billing address.

Thanks for your help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts