Reprogramming set 'macros' on 21.0 remotes?

cr08

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
NE Ohio
Simple question that I have, unfortunately, been unable to answer on my own with searches or the Dish manuals.

When we first got our system installed the installer set up the 21.0 UHF remotes on the TV2 sets to automatically tune them to the right channel upon pressing the Sat button. But since then I have moved around the channel numbering on both of my boxes (originally the two boxes just had direct feeds to their respective TV2 sets and just the TV2 output was active on the RF, now I have them backfeeding each other and both TV1 and TV2 RF outputs are active so all 4 tv's theorhetically can watch the 4 outputs from the 2 boxes) so the channel numbers have changed and it creates a mess when the remote tries to override that.

Any ideas how I can change this so the remote tunes a different channel? Or just nuke that macro entirely?

Note: These steps can also be used to change the channel used for SAT Auto-Tune.

1. Program the remote control to operate the TV. (already done if can change volume/power)
  2. Press and hold TV until all four mode buttons are lit.
  3. Press STAR (*), then enter the channel used for viewing satellite TV. For example, if the TV needs to be on channel 60, enter *60.
  4. Press POUND (#). The TV button flashes three times to indicate programming was successful.

You're just talking about setting Sat-Auto Tune. It won't work for video input feeds but it will work for TV1 or TV2 if it's on a channel number.

http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departm...ontent/tech/remotes/howto/sattvautotune.shtml

The official link^

Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts