Response from my congressman

HDTVFanAtic said:
Seem these rules that everyone is so upset about were put in the 90s under a Democratic President and a Democratic Congress......hmmmmm.
You'll need to go back and find out the actual answer, but here it is...

SHVA of 1988, signed by President Reagan with Congress fully Democrat - enabled distant networks
SHVA of 1994, signed by President Clinton with Congress fully Democrat - only extended the expiring distant network license
SHVIA of 1999, signed by President Clinton with Congress fully Republican - authorized local into local and extended the expiring distant network license
SHVERA of 2004, signed by President Bush with Congress fully Republican - added signficantly-viewed channels and extended the distant network license, added the no-distant-if-local-available, added a digital distant section.

And Pete DeFazio's office needs a reality check.

You'll need to go back and find out the actual answer, but here it is...

SHVA of 1988, signed by President Reagan with Congress fully Democrat - enabled distant networks
SHVA of 1994, signed by President Clinton with Congress fully Democrat - only extended the expiring distant network license
SHVIA of 1999, signed by President Clinton with Congress fully Republican - authorized local into local and extended the expiring distant network license
SHVERA of 2004, signed by President Bush with Congress fully Republican - added signficantly-viewed channels and extended the distant network license, added the no-distant-if-local-available, added a digital distant section.

And Pete DeFazio's office needs a reality check.

I stand corrected - the Congress that creates the laws and sends them to the President to sign was as you say fully Democratic.

Clinton and the fully Democratic Congress in 1994 only extended the law.

So the Democrats approved the bill that everyone is so happy about - not the Republicans and sent it on the Executive Office to be signed.

And as I recall, the "death penalty" has been in the law since its inception. Realize the death penalty is to be a deterrent for abuse. It didn't stop one party from going too far, according to the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts