Retailer Chat Recap - Oct 4, 2013

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) is an HDMI feature designed to allow the user to command and control up-to 15 CEC-enabled devices, that are connected through HDMI,[72][73] by using only one of their remote controls (for example by controlling a television set, set-top box, and DVD player using only the remote control of the TV).[74] CEC also allows for individual CEC-enabled devices to command and control each other without user intervention.[74][75][76][77][78][79][80]
It is a one-wire bidirectional serial bus that is based on the CENELEC standard AV.link protocol to perform remote control functions.[81] CEC wiring is mandatory, although implementation of CEC in a product is optional.[58] It was defined in HDMI Specification 1.0 and updated in HDMI 1.2, HDMI 1.2a and HDMI 1.3a (which added timer and audio commands to the bus).[74][82][83][84][85] USB to CEC Adapters exist that allow a computer to control CEC enabled devices.[86][87][88][89]
Trade names for CEC are Anynet+ (Samsung), Aquos Link (Sharp), BRAVIA Link and BRAVIA Sync (Sony), HDMI-CEC (Hitachi), E-link (AOC), Kuro Link (Pioneer), CE-Link and Regza Link (Toshiba), RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI) (Onkyo), RuncoLink (Runco International), SimpLink (LG), T-Link (ITT), HDAVI Control, EZ-Sync, VIERA Link (Panasonic), EasyLink (Philips), and NetCommand for HDMI (Mitsubishi).[90][91][92][93][94]

I only wish you could give more details.....................;)

But a little effort is required to switch Hoppers; you don't see all recordings on all Hoppers at once.

I wish that you could set timers and recordings, using one hopper that would take in to account you have two of them hooked up in your set up. So you could set more than 3-4 timers(ota included) without it putting up conflicts resolution screens. I hate having to go into the bedroom to set a timer when I am on the other end of the house.

improved On Demand Interface with "Smart Shelfs", Updated Search feature which splits searches up between TV shows, Movies and Channel names ... It puts on demand in the TV guide

Scott,
Any idea when we can expect this? The On Demand interface is probably my biggest (maybe only) gripe w/the Hopper system. Search and downloading multiple episodes are really, really kludgy, so I'm looking forward to some improvements.

Scott,
Any idea when we can expect this? The On Demand interface is probably my biggest (maybe only) gripe w/the Hopper system. Search and downloading multiple episodes are really, really kludgy, so I'm looking forward to some improvements.

Outside of BB@H, not much on demand anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

So HDMI- CEC is trying to do what Harmonies already do so well? Only maybe not so well ( HT w/AV receiver)?

Why?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I don't own a Harmony because of cost. Does it even control via UHF? I do own an early Westinghouse with an automatic switch that (1) turns on the TV if necessary and (2) switches to the input that has just been turned on. I don't see this feature on sets any more. Maybe the HDMI-CEC is supposed to improve that situation, though I can't imagine HDMI-CEC would help for analog inputs...

I wish that you could set timers and recordings, using one hopper that would take in to account you have two of them hooked up in your set up. So you could set more than 3-4 timers(ota included) without it putting up conflicts resolution screens. I hate having to go into the bedroom to set a timer when I am on the other end of the house.

$7 a month will get you a Joey to put next to your primary Hopper on a different HDMI input. You can then do everything on the other Hopper while we wait for the final step.

$7 a month will get you a Joey to put next to your primary Hopper on a different HDMI input. You can then do everything on the other Hopper while we wait for the final step.

I'll wait till they come up with a solution. I already pay enough in HOPPER FEES alone.

I want them to make it from an installer point of view a single cable run to a new node from the dish rather than 2 lines to a solo node or 3 to duo nodes AND allow more types of cables to be used like Perfect Vision cable when it works just "PERFECTLY" fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts