Returning equipment

mmmason23

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
Marquette,mi
I canceled dish about three weeks ago. At the time I was told I would need to return my equipment and they would send boxes and shipping labels. I waited two weeks and nothing. I called and the csr said I owned my equipment. I said I did not. He said he updated it and I would get boxes and labels. A week later still nothing. Called today and they said it was being processed but not sent yet. I'm worried about them charging me unreturned equipment fees. Anybody else have trouble with this? My service was canceled because of los issues. I did not have to pay an ETF. Would that somehow affect this?

I canceled dish about three weeks ago. At the time I was told I would need to return my equipment and they would send boxes and shipping labels. I waited two weeks and nothing. I called and the csr said I owned my equipment. I said I did not. He said he updated it and I would get boxes and labels. A week later still nothing. Called today and they said it was being processed but not sent yet. I'm worried about them charging me unreturned equipment fees. Anybody else have trouble with this? My service was canceled because of los issues. I did not have to pay an ETF. Would that somehow affect this?

Keep documentation of everything, when/if you receive boxes take pictures of everything packed, also a clear image of the tracking number. Several years ago it took me around 6 weeks to get my box, I still have the tracking information saved in my documents.

They specifically told me they'd be sending boxes and shipping labels in my email. Have received neither. I'm just hoping they don't try to pull one over on me and charge me for the receiver once 30 days comes up

Last edited:
They specifically told me they'd be sending boxes and shipping labels in my email. Have received neither. I'm just hoping they don't try to pull one over on me and charge me for the receiver once 30 days comes up

Then if you don't receive the box in a week(that's what I do),call them back up to verify they sent it or check the information under orders in your account.Good Luck!:)

Tried to show you threads that Dish doesnt send out boxes and if they do you are billed $15 per label

But its Dish so what they do today they may not do tomorrow ;)

Tried to show you threads that Dish doesnt send out boxes and if they do you are billed $15 per label

But its Dish so what they do today they may not do tomorrow ;)

Dish sends two things (box AND label), and you have 5 options

1. Use their box and their label- get billed $15
2. Use their box and pay for your own shipping- billed nothing
3. Use your box and their label- get billed $15
4. Use your box and pay for your own shipping- billed nothing
5. Keep them- get billed for the cost of the receiver

Agreed, and mine and Ice's disagreement seems to based on the fact that they DO send boxes for the $15.00 charge. I know that they do. But I took his earlier posts to infer that they don't. Sorry if I was wrong in my understanding of your posts.

no worries. I always thought they sent boxes and labels but in that one link they said otherwise. Thats where I got confused.

Dish apparently doesnt make it easy ;)

They didn't mention 15 dollars, but I canceled and got partial credit for a month so thru may have evened out. My online account shows I owe nothing, and the only other thing I can do in the online acct is deactivate. I'll wait another week and call back. I just hope they are not being shady and trying to hit me with the unreturned equipment fee.

Recently I had a replacement LNB sent to me with the understanding I needed to return the old one. They included a UPS Express pouch for that (why? just use the same box, d'uhhh!) but NO label, nor return address, nor any paperwork at all for that matter. One call to Tech Service (I called them because that's where this whole exchange started and I don't need any more interactions with Dish CSRs!) resulted in nothing. The second call a week later resulted in them e-mailing me the UPS prepaid return label with instructions. I printed the label, sealed the return unit in the original box (well padded, which the one they sent me wasn't), taped the label on the box, and handed it to the shipping dept. here at work. No real hassle. In my case there is no additional return change since I have DHPP. A foolish expense perhaps, but there are times I get to take advantage of it, and I'll need to return my 622 soon for a replacement (also for "free") so I'll hold onto that service for the moment...

BTW - IMHO, the boxes Dish receivers are packed in are nowhere near sturdy enough for shipping purposes. They sent my first replacement 622 that way - no outside packing - and it arrived damaged. When I send anything back I back it much better and if it's a receiver it goes into its orginal box w/ foam inserts, and that goes into a sturdy outer box...

BTW - IMHO, the boxes Dish receivers are packed in are nowhere near sturdy enough for shipping purposes. They sent my first replacement 622 that way - no outside packing - and it arrived damaged. When I send anything back I back it much better and if it's a receiver it goes into its orginal box w/ foam inserts, and that goes into a sturdy outer box...
At the end of April I was sent a replacement for my 622 that had a bad HDMI port. The box was in an original receiver box complete with foam inserts. My original unit went back to Dish in that box. Also no charge as I had DHPP as you do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)