Richmond, VA locals are now on 110 W?

SummitAdvantageRetailer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2004
East Coast
Are there anybody here in the Richmond, VA DMA? Can you confirm that your locals are coming off of 110 and not on 129 anymore? I know that the uplink reports indicate that but I just want to confirm before our customers get the D1000 installed.

To check if your Richmond, VA locals are on 110, go to a Richmond, VA local channel and then go to System Setup, then Installation, then Point Dish. On the Point Dish screen, you'll see the satellite orbital location (110 in this case) and the transponder where the local channel resides on.

I called DISH to find out and they're getting back to me on whether they made the change. It seems as though they didn't make an announcement on this or let anyone know, like us, for example! :mad:

Using a 105 SD

I checked the CW channel (65) ABC (8) and NBC (12), they all show up under 110 spotbeam 1.

Could this be why the locals look crappier than usual (more compression to fit it there?)

When I do a check switch the 105 Sat disappears, and I still have the locals. I have to do a second check switch for the 105 Sat to come back.

I've been installing here for about 8 years and it's about time we caught a break here in VA. I can confirm as an installer (sub in R5/R6) that locals are on 110W now...since Friday morning actually. Woohoo... Only putting up D1000 for HD customers now. I believe the channels are on transponder 1.

Is there any news about the SD 105 repoint kit for the 129 sat?

Honestly what was the point of the Super Dish?

The SD was needed because 105 & 121 are KU Band satellites which are lower powered.

You cant get KU with a 18" dish. You needed a 30" dish or a SD

Iceberg said:
The SD was needed because 105 & 121 are KU Band satellites which are lower powered.

You cant get KU with a 18" dish. You needed a 30" dish or a SD

Any idea what's going on with the 105?

This is Dish we're talking about so who knows :). Originally it was going to be HD, then locals, then they found out some markets 105 satellite (the old one) didnt cover the whole US so then it was locals. Then they decided to pull locals off there and put them on 110

Now it might be for locals again (to get all the markets up)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts