Right Angle Compression Connectors.

BobHelms

Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
Cary, NC
I'm replacing all the RG59 in my house and I've found that RG6 doesn't fit into the same small spaces easily. I'm running into some acute bending of the cable within the wall boxes. I could use a right angle adapter to resolve this issue but I've noticed that there are right angle compression fittings available for RG6. Has anybody got any experience with these fittings?

So rg6 doesn't fit rg59. So 1/2 in pipe doesn't fit 5/8 pipe
What's your point?
My point was I'm trying to find a mechanical solution to use the RG6 cable in the same space that the RG59 had occupied without bending the RG6 cable so much. I guess I didn't make that very clear to every body.

I'd be interested in seeing what kind of tooling is required to swage these babies on.

Terminating at a wall plate adds insertion loss. In the case of the right angle compression connector, you're compounding the insertion loss as you've got to put a barrel on to get through the plate.

I would want to see what the current carrying capability of these guys was before installing them in a non-powered multiswitch situation.

Closer to 2.1GHz in DBS applications.

The forum is better than going to college.

The signal out from the LNB to the receiver is around 2.1GHz?

My run to the antennas is 140 ft. I might replace the cable and connectors with the really good stuff so as to minimize loss.

Isn't the signal down to 70Mhz coming down the RG6? Just curious.

TV2 signal is a plain 'ole VHF/UHF signal... so for TV2, you are correct. The Sat signal caps out around 2100 mhz though...

So.... it's not possible to just shove enough of the coax back up (or down) through the box to minimize the bend? I've personally never had much of a problem with this... and I install in an area that is infested with RG-59... which I have to replace.

I was thinking of my C-band days when the 4ghz signal was downconverted to 70mhz after the LNA, later, in the LNB.

Dish uses two bands. One band is from 950-1450 mhz, the other band is 1650 to 2150 mhz.

DirecTV currently uses the 950-1450. Their HD signals also run down to 250mhz for their B-Band. I don't know what bands their SWM technology operates in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)