RockStar:Supernova

Bobby

Publican
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
We're well into this and I haven't seen much discussion so far. Last night Lukas and Dilana did their usual, they are definitely safe. My bottom 3 were Zayra, Josh and Patrice. Zayra was just pathetic. She doesn't sing well and that humping act with the spandex outfit made me want to barf. Patrice just didn't sound like she wanted to be there. Josh seems to be out of his element. He says he wants to bring a new sound to the band. Does he understand that he fronts the band not leads it? What a joke.

If Zayra makes it through tonight it's just plain BS.....

Whoops, sorry Fergie, I didn't mean to rain on your DVR. Actually, I'm going out tonight myself and the DVR is set. I'll go to my room now. :)

I think they keep Zayra as an ace in the hole. I think anyone who watches this program knows that it comes down to Dilana and Lukas. Let me be upfront here. I'm 62 years old and an old rocker. I grew up on Buddy and Elvis. I came into my own with the likes Jim, Jimi and Janis. I grew into Willie and Waylon. Over time, I have listened to it all. I'm not a huge fan of what SuperNova wants to be, but I respect where they are going. Hey, it's music!

Now, I believe that anyone with an ounce of brains knows that Zayra isn't gonna front this band. So, you weed out the mediocre singers and continue to allow Zayra to make an ass of herself. As we get closer to the finals, guess what, they say "Zayra, you're not what we're looking for." I actually feel bad for the poor lady, she doesn't seem to understand that she's a foil.

I think that Dilana's cover of Cyndi Lauper was fantastic.

I am archiving only the songs that I like from my 622 to Replay, this week I think I will archive them all ( even Zayra's renditon of the Blonde song) I have already watched the Dilana song 3 times... her take on the song was dead on imho... She seems to be the most professional of them all to me.

Last night's show pi*sed me off. Do I believe Dilana had an injury? No today, or yesterday for that matter. Just take a look at how she handled standing and rocking. With that injury you don't stand up easily and do the Dilana gyrate. Not believable to me. I think it's a cheap sympathy ruse late in the game. Based on the early voting nobody else is enthused either. We'll see how tonight goes. I'm leaning toward Magni right now. Lukas is beginning to sound the same no matter what he does.

I read elsewhere that the Tuesday show is taped on Sunday and someone mentioned that Dave played with one of the contestents before last nights show... so the early voting is bogus and the outcome has likely been set in stone for weeks... I still like Dilana but I notice that they really seem to like Lukas now and have heard no critisisim of his voice in awhile...

I knew it was Storm as soon as the chore was passed, and that was predestined. Did you see Jason wipe a tear away while Storm was performing?

Did you see that leg kick that Dilana did while she was performing? You tell me how a person with a torn calf muscle can throw that leg up all the way to her head height with that kind of an injury.

Now even Toby is looking good. He sure got the crowd, 2 nights in a row.

I think its Magni or Toby for the job. Dilana is a basket case. She may rock but could you imagine trying to deal with the ups and downs and her mental state. She has some serious bagage.

I have been leaning torward Dilana all season ,but i really think Toby is more suited for the band,his orginal song sounds more like Supernova and he has the energy that they are looking for . Magni is a good singer but not a great performer. Dilana has really shot herself in the foot with some of the comments she made a couple weeks ago...Lucus really doesnt cut it for me

Finale Tonight
Which of these four should win and be the lead singer for Supernova?

Attachments

• Dilana.JPG
    Dilana.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 137
  • Lukas Rossi.JPG
    Lukas Rossi.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 133
  • Magni.JPG
    Magni.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 140
  • Toby Rand.JPG
    Toby Rand.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 163
  • Dilana - Roxanne.mp3
    254 KB · Views: 227
  • Magni - Hush.mp3
    254 KB · Views: 156
  • Rockstar clips - Lukas Rossi.mp3
    248 KB · Views: 109
  • Toby Rand.mp3
    244 KB · Views: 105
I don't watch a lot but it seems Lukas is the entire package. No matter how great the woman signs, she just doesn't fit the image (which is always part of the game). Magni & Tobi are just steps apart from each other to me, but miles behind the other two. Tobi has seem to lightly alter his image to copy Lukas which may help him, but Magni seems to be the better singer and has a weird rock vibe; Tobi seems like he could turn pop country (like many wantabe failed rockers) at any moment like Keith Urban.

Last edited:
Magni was terrible last night. I'm looking at an upset, Toby's gonna get the job.

Did you notice how Dilana's torn calf muscle was just fine last night. As much as I like her, I really hate last weeks sympathy ruse. She's got too many issues that's why I think she's out.

Lukas is too full of himself, I wouldn't pick him. He'd divide the group.

Toby's the man................

Figured the girl would go before Tobi but I knew he would not win. If she wins its rigged, plain and simple for a marketing ploy. I do, like many others, find it very odd that the live audience knows all the words to the contestants original songs they have never heard before (paid audience. like in the old MTV dance party days). So now it should be Lukas. Assuming that it is 100% legit show, I do like how they take the viewers out of the finals as not to have any phone/internet voting snafus or automation.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts