Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Rocky Hockey Picture Show
http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=D64A2EB9-574D-4968-A30D-DA5B64144672

Holly Maynard (Rochester, NY) 10/05/05 - After more than a year away, hockey is back Wednesday night.

It's been about 17 months since the Sabres were on the ice for an official game. That’s way too long for people like Brian Carl who has been a fan since he was five years old. He shares season tickets with friends and if he's not in the stands, he watches the games on TV.

That's why he couldn't wait for the team's return this week. Carl said, "The season's back after a year--you're all excited--and all of a sudden --you find out you may not be able to watch the game! Very frustrating!"

It’s frustrating because Carl has Directv. He had heard the MSG network, which has the rights to Sabres’ games, had reached a deal to broadcast the games on Directv. But last Wednesday when he sat down to watch the team's pre-season game it was not on!

Fans say MSG told them an agreement was reached with Directv. So, many who subscribed to the Dish Network, switched to Directv only to find out last Wednesday that they may not have had to do that.

Fans Call In, Network

Many fans started calling the Sabres and the networks to get answers. They've been asking each other for help on internet message boards, but they're not getting far.

It would be nice to just get a straight answer from the parties involved to see what the situation is. That seems difficult," Carl said.

Wednesday MSG said the dish network is currently signed on for all 74 Sabres’ games. That deal happened last week. But when asked about Directv, MSG was not so clear. They would only say, "We are confident that the Sabres will be on Directv this season."

They would not say when that would be or why there has been so much confusion. Brian Carl said that's too bad for the Sabres, who may lose some fans because of it all.

“If you can't see it,” said Carl, “certainly people will find other things to do…it's kind of ‘wait and see,’ and that's not real comforting."

The Sabres have worried all year that the lockout may cause fans to tune out. Now it looks like some fans may have no choice.

Wednesday night's game starts at seven o'clock. Customers who subscribe to the dish network will be able to see it, as will cable customers, but it's still unclear if or when Directv customers will get to see the games.

Well i can't watch the game on MSG ch412, my receiver says it's blacked out in my area, and i live in Buffalo. Calling dish tomorrow morning

Edit - 9:27

Just learned Sabres games will always be on an alt channel.

I live in Kenmore, just outside of Buffalo, and the game was not on MSG 412, but on (I thinK) 445. This is listed as alt2 (or something like that) in the guide. I am told that if you have the AT60 or better you will get all the games. I am assuming they will always be on this channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts