Roller Coasters

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc29680

Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
NC
Anyone ever visit Six Flags (NJ)? I am a roller coaster fanatic and I getting ready for a trip up North over 4th of July weekend. There is a new coaster Kingda Ka which is suppose to be the world's fastest and tallest ride. Anyone been on yet?

I've been to other Six Flags parks and to me nothing can compare to the Texas Giant at Six Flags Over Texas.

Neutron said:
I've been to other Six Flags parks and to me nothing can compare to the Texas Giant at Six Flags Over Texas.

I have been to many parks, Cedar Point more than any, but the Texas Giant is the only one that I have ever blacked out on. Maybe I am just getting old. Six Flags over Texas is one of my favorite parks. Unfortunately I usually visit in late fall / early winter so we don't end up going there.

The only ride I came close to blacking out on was the Mr. Freeze ride. That's only because of the force of speed it rushes you to. 0-70 in under 4 seconds.

Well, it does make you wonder about these rides. I heard on the news this a.m. about an incident in Disney and the death of a 4 year-old. Sure is a shame.

I love roller coasters! :)

I will be headed up to New Jersey this summer for a ride or two on Kingda Ka.

I remember when SuperMan opened at Six Flags New England, I was scared to go on it was so tall. But now I ride it without thinking twice.

Someone PMed me asking me if we would consider carrying the usenet newsgroup rec.roller-coaster for the summer. What are your guys opinion on this? It has nothing to do with Satellite but helps you have a funner summer. :) (is funner a word?)

Neutron said:
The only ride I came close to blacking out on was the Mr. Freeze ride. That's only because of the force of speed it rushes you to. 0-70 in under 4 seconds.

Cedar Point is my favorite park but Mr Freeze is one hell of a ride. one of my favorites. The amazing thing is you stand in line for about 2 hours for a 45 second ride. If any coaster is worth the wait though it is Mr Freeze. I have been on it once and as I was watching them load the passengers for the ride before me one guy was so big that three of the workers had to push down on the shoulder harness to get it to lock down. After seeing how slow it goes backwards through some loops I would have been scared as hell if I was that kid.

The Mission Space ride at Epcot has been in the news lately and is one incredible ride. I do not see how such a tradgedy could have happened on that ride unless the child had a condition already such as seziures. If you ever have the chance go on that ride ....... but don't turn your head unless you have a barf bag handy

thats so funny you guys are saying that about cedar point, I live 40 minutes from it, adn i always want to visit somewhere else! it is a blast though, and I do love a good ride on a roller coaster, for some reason the double loop is a favorite (from geauga lake here in ohio) probably cause it was my first. I guess your First is always special in your heart! :)

I prefer the the classic wooden roller coasters my self :). It has been a few years since I have ridden any coasters of any kind, what are now some of the best wooden ones?

i was their in may and they were testing Kingda Ka. They opened it for a few days but due to some problem it is closed indefinatly. During a tests one of the cars wheels screwed up and it ruined a part of the track. Now the piece is on order. I dont think it will reopen by your visit.

A post like this in the chit club is good. Great even. But one of the criticisms we get is thate rher are too many forums etc and that we are not focused. I like roller caosters but I don't see how it belongs.

Actually the Mr. Freeze ride I have always ridden on is at Six Flags over Texas.

Chris Freeland said:
I prefer the the classic wooden roller coasters my self :). It has been a few years since I have ridden any coasters of any kind, what are now some of the best wooden ones?

The Boulder Dash at Lake Compounce in Bristol CT has been voted the best wooden roller coaster in the world. :) It is right down the street from us. It is a lot of fun, but Lake Compounce is a smaller park.

Kingda Ka Closed

Well....it wasn't operational. But I had a good time anyway.

Try again next year.

I was on a wooden roller coaster myself a few years ago at Holiday World in Indiana. It was at the time supposed to be the fastest wooden roller coaster I think. Someone was previously killed on it for standing up on the ride and everyone that had entered that day got a free ticket to go there again. I usually get motion sickness from riding certain rides that make me dizzy but the roller coaster did not cause me to have motion sickness.

Oh man ...I didnt see this post until today. I am a rollercoaster fanatic and I live in NY and have season passes to GA and Dorney Park which is in Penn. I went on Kingda KA three times before it broke down. What happened is that when they launched it ...while testing without people on it...it somehow hit into the "fins" that where supposed to be down during the launch. It distroyed the bottom of the train and the fins themselves. The ride has been down for about a month now. The official word from GA is that it would be down "several weeks". But I can tell you that even when it was operational the mininum wait tim was 3 hours.....the first day it was open me and my family actually waited 6 1/2 hours. Yes 6 1/2..... If you want to go to a great park go to Ceder Point in Ohio....it's the best that I have been to. Tons of rollercoasters that work. They have a ride called Dragster..that is just like Kingda KA...it goes 420 ft and 120 mph in 4 seconds compared to KK going 455 ft and 128 mph. Trust me...you cant tell the difference at that point. CP also has a ride called M Force....which is a great rollercoaster that goes 300ft and 90mph. Trust me you wont be disappointed. GA has alot of problems getting their rides to run...but did you get to go on Nitro? I love that ride. NITRO is very fun...and Superman is kind of cool also. I just wish that I saw this post earlier...word to the wise....always check the six flags website for an update on whether or not Kingda Ka is running. If you are travelling far for that ride....you should know before you come if it is operational.

phantoms revenge, kennywood park, pittsburgh.

and the park just announced plans to expand by 25 acres and add at least two major coasters.

it is also home to the thunderbolt, at one time the fastest wooden coaster in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts