Rookie needs help splitting 2 21sw's.

dishrookie

Original poster
Dec 14, 2004
Hello everyone I have attached pics of my setup, I have 2 sw21's coming from the dishes. They are feeding 3 recievers a pvr501 and 2 301's. I would like to add 4 more recievers to this setup, what is the best way to acomplish this? and do I have to pay dish monthly if I buy my own recievers?

Attachments

• sat 0011.jpg
    sat 0011.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 222
  • sat sw21.jpg
    sat sw21.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 227
The max you can have with that setup is 2 receivers(how can that run 3??). Dish will only let you have a max of 6 receivers on and 1 account. To beable to add more receivers you will need a new type switch and/or new LNB's.

I notice you have 3 wires coming out of the Duel LNB that must be whats running to the 3rd.

As far as I can see, from your configuration, you have basically a legacy quad lnb, two of which, whose ports are cascaded with two SW21's to additionally receive the satellite position at 61.5. One receiver must directly connected to the legacy quad on the Dish500 and gets only 110 and 119, but not 61.5. This is the black cable coming out of the Dish500. It comes down directly to the left of the grey box directly to a receiver, without being connected to any of the two sw21s.

You can get the 110 and 119 satellite on one additional receiver by directly running a coax to the fourth outlet on the quad on the Dish500, with no additional modification.

To use more than four receivers, you must switch to all DishPro lnbs. You can use a DishPro quad and a DP34 to allow you to use six receivers. However, only four receivers that get the satellite position at 61.5, for which you would need to connect a DishPro single lnb attached to the upper dish. If you want six receivers to get all three satellite positions, you will need a DishPro twin, two DP34's and a DishPro single. This would provide you with 8 outlets that would get all three satellite positions. If you get six receivers, two could be dual tuner units like the 322, 522 or 721.

Thank You for replying Mike500, another question.

I am planning to go with your suggestion, I am going to add a 522 and a 322 using 2 dp34's and a dishpro twin. Instead of the dishpro single can I just put another dishpro twin on the 61.5 dish, since they seem to be cheaper? I also called dish network to see If I could do this my self, they said no problem all I have to do is pay the $5 dollar a box fee. Any further suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Dishrookie,

You need to use a DishPro single for 61.5. As far as I know, you cannot use another DishPro twin.

Why bother? DishPro singles are quite cheap on eBay. I've bought them for $25 each delivered. It will fit directly on the Dish300 that you already have. You need to do no aiming or peaking of either dish.

Thanks Mike500, will do that.

One reason I like dish is beacuse of this forum and members like you, keep up the great work.