run away recording DVR1100C

No firmware or satellite list update was sent last night. Only a Glorystar channel list update was sent.

Leave the default setting for Automatic Update set to OFF in the Advanced mode. There is no reason to have automatic updating turned on as the channel list does not update in the Advanced Mode. Since the receiver firmware is updated only once or twice each year, you could perform a manual OTA-SSU update at your convenience.

OK, I will do that. I plan to put this back to Glorystar setting as soon as I have the microHD on line.

I changed to a very much smaller inverter that has less overhead with just the DVR1100c and the WX computer on it. It works good and only draws about 4 to 5 amps at 12VDC. I am waiting for a new battery for the WX computer that I can charge from solar and is supposed to run (display off) for 18 plus hours. Then I will be able to even have that inverter off!

Having the same problem.

I am having the same problem.

Set the DVR1100C to record today at 2:00 pm for 1 hours 30 minutes.
Checked it today, and it was still recording after 1 hour 45 minutes.

The recorder was non responsive. None of the buttons on the remote affected it.

The last two weeks, I had tried to record, and got "saving data to usb".

The only way to get out was to turn off the switch in the back.

What medium are you recording onto? If hard drive, what size and how full is the drive? If thumb drive, did you double format it?

If a hard drive, can you record on a thumb drive, and if so try transferring from the thumb drive to the hard drive and see if that gets by the bad sector. It appears the DVRs do not know what to do with bad sectors and stall, except for the smarter hard drive and the DVR doesn't like the smart drives.

I have not gotten this far with the microHD.

Does the directory look ok on the DVR and a PC?

THE STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMELS BACK ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

A channel list push this am. Recording started in Joseph Prince's program. Missed the recording of BVOV on TBN this am at 8 AM still recording at 404 PM Locked up so could not stop without power down.
Glorystar mode.
I thought the auto update was off, but that is no longer an option, so may have been on.
Should be latest firmware and channel list -- especially since it took the push and added CH. 1006.

OVER $1000 spent in last 60 days to correct all the suspected causes. I do not have the $10,000 to connect to grid, nor the $140 per month fro 2 years to use it.

I QUIT.

Please let us know if the daily timers record as expected tomorrow since the receiver was power cycled today.

We have passed this information on to the programmers to study and see if they can find any reason for this reoccurring issue.

BTW... What time does Joesph Prince's recording start?

Yes, I set a "once" timer to catch BVOV on Daystar at 8:30 PM last night. It recorded properly and shut off, but Daystar's quality is not as good as TBN's....
This morning, at 8 AM TBN recorded properly and shut off.

The bogus recording is TBN0911040022.TS 3995MB

And now a word from our spoooooooooonsor/..... Glorystar channel push again ... 3 AM PST or PDT.??? Apparently only variable was channel push.
All receivers working on switches and multi-dishes. These only going to G-19 dish. (75E)

On a non-related side note..... Still no recording on the microHD although good viewing. Will discuss that later on that forum.

The Glorystar Update on the DVR1100c occurs at 3am local time.

The time stamp on the recording indicates that it started recording at 4am. Does the content of this recording match scheduled programming on TBN at 4am?

yes it seems to. I did not play through all of it this time as I am really cramped for time.
I caught it. 4 AM - four hours would be about 8 am / next start at ~8am should have finished at noon. but no saved recording. next one probably would have been just ending when I got in turned off - but no saved recording then either. I was extremely happy I was able to catch the same program on Daystar so my libray is complete, and then have it work today.
Is there a way to save the loaded firmware -- including any remnants, errors, etc to send to you and the programmers for review? Or would that even help? Wondering if something has failed/. even one bit wrong could cause a hair puller. (In Pascal class, one students favorite comment was, "Don't make the old girl miss a period!") (It was 6 years before I got that!)

We will be looking into this as a possible GMT offset calculation issue.

Speculation: The receiver time is automatically updated at start-up by the satellite, but possibly the event timer is immediately executing prior to the GMT offset being calculated. To apply to your situation, your timer is set to execute within the offset calculation period. The timer start command executes but then time is corrected creating an event without a stop point. Since we have never been able to duplicate on the test bench, we cannot confirm, but will turn the suggestion over to the programmers.

It is strange, but we have not had any other complaints of this issue. Possibly no one else has timers set within the GMT Offset time calculation period on Tuesday mornings?

OK, this I can follow, so the next question is.... what would be out of the GMT callibration calibration time frame? {If recording was set for 08:01AM as an example?} followed by the question, if the update was moved forward by 15 minutes or so (at 02:45 or 03:15 AM) it would be done before the top of the hour... and would it therefore be out of the "window of Challenging Timers"?

The GMT offset depends on what time zone and if using daylight saving. Pacific Standard Time Zone is -8 hours and Pacific Daylight Time is -7:00 hours. It may be possible to shift the record start time later by a few minutes and avoid the conflict, but that is just a guess.

The change of a quarter hour in the update would not make any difference because it would be within the defined start / stop timers.

Last edited: