RV - All American Direct

jhilley

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2006
This would be the perfect way for RVers just wanting the networks for boondocking to get them for $9.00/mo. I had an RV waiver with Dish, but now could cancel my Dish account and have DNS only from All American Direct.

Yes you can get an rv waiver from NPS here it is. It became avaiable yesterday. And yes you HAVE to be a E* sub to get the DNS with the waiver. Do not know if you can then cancel E* after NPS turns on your DNS.

Nice. But I doubt they can require you to be an E* sub, just require use of E* equipment- just like with Sky Angel.

Then that is good news. Now if NPS can just get the PQ up to par on these DNS we will all set.

It is the wording of the waiver that says you intend to sub to E* service from AAD that makes me think you have to have both. But I am proabbly reading to much into that.

Just to keep things correct it's NOT a rv waiver it's an EXEMPTION (from needing a waiver)

Ok James Long just posted the agreement between E* and NPS at DBSTALK and it clearly states that you do not have to sub to E* service to recv DNS from NPS. That is good news for people who only want DNS in the RV. You only need to subb from AAD.

Ok James Long just posted the agreement between E* and NPS at DBSTALK and it clearly states that you do not have to sub to E* service to recv DNS from NPS.
Is this an amended agreement ?? It sure didn't seem to be the case over the past couple of days. Clearly, if you weren't in the list that E* provided, you didn't qualify.

Is this an amended agreement ?? It sure didn't seem to be the case over the past couple of days. Clearly, if you weren't in the list that E* provided, you didn't qualify.

No it is the agreement they seem to be ignoreing. Which will be thier downfall.

The agreement states that NPS should obtaine from the caller seeking DNS the name and addreess of caller to qualify. They (NPS) are NOT doing this. I was told I did not qualify because my phone number is not in the system!

Please,

I know RV, E*, D*, DNS and I presume AAD is All American Direct but just what is All Amercan Direct besides a place that sells discount TVs and Dish subscriptions.

And WTF is NPS.

FWIW, I enjoy the forums but FAIK you all might be speaking Greek. LOL

Thxs

BTW, I have E* with an travel trailer and the paper thing that lets me watch LA locals where ever. At least I thought I did. Do I? I haven't set up the dish and tried lately.

Steve

PS: I also understand PVR, DVR, DVD, DBS, HDTV, NTSC, ATSC, HDMI, DVB, SRS WOW, THX, DD, FSK, USB, LSB, SSB, PIP (two definitions), FM, AM, and SWAK, among others.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it seems very likely to me that the NPS service will be terminated by the Judge on Monday, so I would not put any huge amount of time and energy into all this until Tuesday.

Maybe a better way to phrase this is:

You can subscribe to Dish and buy a flat screen at Sears. How is NPS/AAD any different?

Further, what does this have to do with Dish not being allowed to give me distant networks while I travel?

And will, or has, Dish already stopped giving me distant network signals for my travel trailer receiver?

Steve4810

I do not know if you are aware but E* was forced to remove all Distant Network Signals from all subscribers. RV or otherwise.

So yes unless your recevr has not been pluged in for a while your DNS is gone.

Now if you have E* equipment and you want to recve DNS in your RV then you can only get them from All American Direct a company owned by NPS.

Got it thanks. I guess I'll troll the AAD site and see what their deal is but wait till
Tuesday just incase there is an evil judge out there.

Yes you can get an rv waiver from NPS here it is. It became avaiable yesterday. And yes you HAVE to be a E* sub to get the DNS with the waiver. Do not know if you can then cancel E* after NPS turns on your DNS.

Don't worry - they won't be around long enough to be processed anyway.