Rv ing question again

knightkal

Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
Hello ppl i did ask this before i have an account on the east arc with 4 receivers at home i own all 4 , i take my rv to the west coast , my current setting is on 61.5 , 72,77 , i believe these will not be available on the west coast , can i hook up one of my receivers on my rv and set it to 110,119,129 on the west coast without any issues other than not getting any of my locals ?

Depending of course on line of sight, and the dish you use, you will be able to get signal and use the receivers on the west coast. Unless you intend to bring all your receivers, I would certainly file the RV registration with DISH prior to departure, and that way the waiver can be added to your account and you won't have any hassles.

Also, your post is a bit vague. What dish will you be using, the one from the house? You mentioned you currently have 61.5, 72, 77 (meaning you likely have a 1k.4 EA dish). If that is correct, the same dish will not work on the west coast for WA satellites.

Hello there i have a 5 foot ground tripod and was going to get a west arc dish off craigalist for cheap around seattle and was just going to take one of my receivers with me , the place i was going to park my rv i was also told had a non active dish 1000 hanging there might just use or buy that . Thx

Last month I could get local channels in my RV. They were the locals from my home town. This month not so. Dish RV Support informed me that the FCC put the nix on locals. Also the FCC wants me to fax over my RV registration to dish for verification. Sounds fishy to me. I never heard about RV Support until I called to have my receiver reactivated because it was inactive for quite some time. Does any or all of this make sense? Sounds like Big Brother to me.
Thanks,
Dish Dummy

Last month I could get local channels in my RV. They were the locals from my home town. This month not so. Dish RV Support informed me that the FCC put the nix on locals. Also the FCC wants me to fax over my RV registration to dish for verification. Sounds fishy to me. I never heard about RV Support until I called to have my receiver reactivated because it was inactive for quite some time. Does any or all of this make sense? Sounds like Big Brother to me.
Thanks,
Dish Dummy
Dish RV Support is a new department set up at Dish Network to give specific assistance to RV accounts. The Account that have an RV tag (which is placed on the account by Dish Network, when the registration for the RV is faxed to us and it matches the address listed on the account.) With this tag on the account, the locals can be changed to each area in the RV so we are in compliance with FCC rules regarding "Out of Area" locals on any given account. Please let me know if you have an additional questions regarding this. Thanks!

Thanks,
Dish Dummy

Those rules are NOT new. I can only assume you got your locals because they were available nationwide (called CONUS) but now are on spotbeam which means you have to be in the area meant to receive those locals. OR, they moved to a satellite you do not get in the RV. Either way, you were never supposed to get your locals channels in the RV unless you are in the area your locals serve. Dish or Direct have always had a page dedicated to RV's and how to get the permit for the RV to get either distants locals, or the locals of where your RV is. The need to send your registration information has always been the procedure. Only thing new is Dish having an actual RV support department.

Hello there i have a 5 foot ground tripod and was going to get a west arc dish off
A 5 foot tripod sounds like a simple roof mount model. Means it has fixed length legs.

You want a tripod where you can easily get the mast vertical on uneven ground which means one with adjustable legs. The only good tripod I found for that use was from TV4TVcom, the Heavy Duty model.

Adjusting legs is a lot more stable than using shims or whatever means of leveling you might try with a fixed length leg tripod.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)