S808 Problem!

Jax

Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
planet earth
Greetings,
I have an az s808, with a problem. On a first time installation, after getting the antenna dialed in. We, (it was a group effort) went to the website suggested, downloaded the monthly update to a memory stick, and installed it to the box. The led panel showed 1200, and that was it. We went back to the website and read too late that we were supposed to make sure the antenna lead was disconnected. oops! We then read there was a process to fix the mistake tha required us to link the box to a computer via a serial cable. None of my computers have such a port. So, the box was taken to another location where a computer and proper cable could be found. Upon hooking the box up and turning it on, nothing happens, ie, no power?
The box acts like there is no power to it. We checked different outlets, and I opened the box to check for a blown fuse. The internal fuse appears fine. So, what the heck
do we do now??? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, In the ranking of Azbox products, is the s808 a basic box? Thanx

You're likely to get a better response from folks here if you don't talk about 'monthly updates'. It suggest hack software is being used and that kind of talk is frowned upon here. But to address your problem that does not need to be discussed.

I don't know of anyone on this board that has an az s808. Most are HD users here. But if it is like the HD unit, many have found loose connections due to shipping. Open the box and reseat anything obvious.
And the recovery method for the az hd boxes is to name the update 'patch.bin' and put it on a usb thumb drive. At reboot you have an option to load 'patch.bin'. (again, on an HD unit. not sure about the az s808)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)