Sail Along Silv'ry moon

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
I am sure that most of you don't know this music, but for those of you who do and love it and remember it, Merry Christmas to you and God Bless you! Introducing Billy Vaughn and His Orchestra!

youtube.com/watch?v=_x869_GnYdI (Sail Along Silv'ry Moon)

youtube.com/watch?v=8rLXjnlRo8w (Blue Hawaii)

youtube.com/watch?v=c_MXIok5gRc (Something Stupid)

youtube.com/watch?v=LlmBMVdGQqk (Pearly Shells)

youtube.com/watch?v=oqmEsnt1v9A (Sentimental Journey)

youtube.com/watch?v=w0nLVbXOyzs (Twilight Time)

youtube.com/watch?v=iIPpO1XsKG4 (Red Sails in the Sunset)

youtube.com/watch?v=-EYTM7KQzHY (Indian Love Call)

Hope these get you in the mood! I couldn't find Tiny Bubbles or Tin Whistle, doggone!

Please enjoy and have a Very, Merry Christmas!

Gordy

PS: A bonus... youtube.com/watch?v=9cM7RRXSSSs

I am surprised that no one commented on these songs. I thought that I would at least get a "You're a Weird One" comment! LOL ;)

Or maybe a "Oh, I feel like taking a flight to Hawaii right now!" or "I remember those!"

These are a little obscure, but I like music and I like to share what I think is good, even though it may not be considered popular, with everyone. I happen to like this music for some strange reason. But, I have to be in the mood for it, too.

It is a little different, but I can enjoy it just the same as a lot (A LOT) of other music.

You have to experience everything and enjoy the positives of what you find.

RADAR

WONDERFUL, music I can understand, and enjoy.

Also, found Don Ho's version of "Tiny Bubbles," and it has a GREAT translation of the Hawaiian words (smile).

I know, this was about Billy Vaughn, but I couldn't resist adding it to your list.

youtube.com/watch?v=_MXgc8wzfC4

Photto

Gordy, its great music, I copied the first link and pasted it into my browser and, well, that started a long session on Youtube looking for more old favorites...and I never got back to this thread to comment on it.
I find youtube very addictive, I can spend hours looking up old tunes I haven't heard for years.
Thanks for the links.

I forgot to thank you Gordy, and like starman, I too am spending way too much time on youtube.

And to make matters worse, Phottoette received a BluRay player for Christmas, and it connects to the internet, and right now we are listening to Don Ho on Youtube, watching on TV, downloaded from youtube, what a great sight, feeling.

Darn, you really got us started back on that memory trail.

Listening to Don Ho singing "I'll remember you" and feeling very close to tears.

Photto

Thanks guys! I knew someone out there would like some of this.

Thanks for the Tiny Bubble link, Phottoman! I really do like that one. We (my folks) had several versions, the Billy Vaughn instrumental, Don Ho and Burl Ives.

Some I remember from Burl is "A Little Bitty Tear" and "Goober Peas"

youtube.com/watch?v=3l903r0RUSg&feature=PlayList&p=8DA64862F20209DE&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=30

This stuff is too good to let be forgotten. And, I have been really having a great time using the YouTube feature on my AZBox, it takes some strategy and time to find the stuff this way, but it is really neat.

Gordy

Radar,

You may catch interest of more followers by posting similar links to lossless compressed legit music recordings, most people would appreciate to play via a good audio receiver.

BTW, for anyone who hasn't been there yet, there is also YouTubeEdu, online lectures from Universities and lots of other stuff. I've been watching the Theory of Relativitly lectures from Stanford U recently. It is hard to get my head around a lot of that stuff but interesting for those who like something different.

What satellite / TP is this radio station on?

Harry,

Now THAT would be great if a satellite channel existed that played this music. I could convince my Mom to allow me to set up a FTA dish for her if that were the case. But, of course, I am just pulling these off my AZBox YouTube feature and from my PC.

RADAR

Now, ya'll kinda figure that I am a bit of a renegade, a bit of a free spirit and I don't really mind what anyone thinks of me. I kinda live my life free and easy and I enjoy it this way.

I think life is meant to be lived to it's fullest. I like music, I like the outdoors. I like to gamble and I like to enjoy a day in the sun, daydreaming. I like to fish alone for hours and I like standing outside in the moonlight or just looking at the stars.

I like to put in a hard days work and I like to be treated with respect, just as anyone does. Life has been so good to me, and there are many people who have passed from this world who I miss dearly, who I wish were still here.

When I was younger, I spent a great deal of time alone on the river at my family's cabin. I used to listen to many a tune on the stereo, trying to envision that I was in another time. This was easy as the cabin was rustic and the landscape was secluded.

Yeah, I am a Cowboy at heart, the dusty drifter on the lone prairie. You may think I am being a little silly, but I truly loved this.

Moonlight on the river, the silhouette of the islands and the bluffs. The big ole bull frogs croakin' on the lake across the lane, the cottonwood leaves rustling in the evening breeze. The blue shadows swaying across the trails under the moon. The whipoorwils singing their lonely tune. Owls in the trees and catfish jumpin' in the shallows as they chased minnows.

Walking on the sand bars as the river sloshed against the edges, crickets and katydids going on and on with their chorus. These are the memories in my heart and I wanted to share them with you at this time of the year. Please listen to this song...

youtube.com/watch?v=Sz90Cur_1cU&feature=related

RADAR

Geez Radar, why are you wasting your time on a satellite forum?:) You have a real flare for the literary. You should be writing! Are you stealing a line from a song or poem here and there or is that all your own rambling?
I remember my mother and father dancing in the kitchen to Eddy Arnold records back when the world was young:) Nice YouTube video, thanks

Geez Radar, why are you wasting your time on a satellite forum?:) You have a real flare for the literary. You should be writing! Are you stealing a line from a song or poem here and there or is that all your own rambling?
I remember my mother and father dancing in the kitchen to Eddy Arnold records back when the world was young:) Nice YouTube video, thanks

Starman,

Actually, they are a little bit of both, but mostly remembrances from my childhood growing up on the Platte River here in Nebraska.

This river is mostly sand and gravel bottom and very wide and shallow in this area. At night, with a full moon in midsummer, I could dream that I was anywhere from the Rio Grande with John Wayne or on the beaches of the Caribbean! And on the big sandbars that went on for miles, I could imagine traversing the Sonoran desert, walking beside my trusted horse or sitting in front of a campfire and gazing up at the stars.

It was a great place for a kid to grow up. I have a lot of fond memories from those experiences. The music that I pick just serve to enhance the mood or help paint the pictures.

RADAR

Colonel Bogey March

This is an all time classic movie and theme song! I watch the movie "The Bridge on the River Kwai" over and over again. One of the very best!

youtube.com/watch?v=83bmsluWHZc&feature=related

RADAR

Eldorado

They just don't make good movies anymore. Here is one from when they did and I like the theme song from it, too!

youtube.com/watch?v=gdtrGhQ6dwk&feature=related

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)