Same Receiver, different satellite?

JH PETERS

Original poster
Jul 6, 2012
USA
I just signed up for dish about a week ago, and they installed the satellite on the roof. What I want to do is, I would like to use this same new receiver at my apt with a different satellite (I am planning to buy that online). My question is - Is this doable? and if so, can anyone tell me how?

They installed 625 receiver and Dish Network Plus satellite dish.

Only reason for me to do this is because, my landlord won't allow me to have dish installed anywhere. So I decided to put it in a bucket in my balcony so they won't see it. I have this dish installed at different place now.

Assuming you aren't out west yourself, you should be able to "see" the western arc satellites from your balcony. What you want (for a 625) is the Dish 500 with a DishPro Plus twin. One cable to the 625. Depending upon your DMA, you may or may not get your locals.

Thank You, I am on East Coast and looking for South Asian Channels, which I assume comes on 118.7? I will not need local channels, as my landlord requires us to pay for cable in monthly rent anyway and it has all local channels.

Thank You, I am on East Coast and looking for South Asian Channels, which I assume comes on 118.7? I will not need local channels, as my landlord requires us to pay for cable in monthly rent anyway and it has all local channels.
What is ypur location on the East Coast DISH may require you to be on Eastern Arc and a West facing patio might not work. For 118.7 you will need a DISH 500 PLUS dish.

I live only about 4-5 miles away from where it is installed, I still can't buy a new satellite dish and use same dual receiver?

I live only about 4-5 miles away from where it is installed, I still can't buy a new satellite dish and use same dual receiver?
Call DISH and ask them about doing a dish mover to your new address. If they can't do the installation I'll bet they can refer you to a local installer who can.

Hopper Internet Connector Brings Down Network

Is this message new?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)