San Diego Locals via antenna from LA market?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tomdkat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
I live in Murrieta 80 miles from San Diego. I am considered in the LA Market. Can I put up an antenna and feed it to my receivers and get the LA Locals from Dish and San Diego via OTA? Will the receivers allow this? 921,522,508?

The Receivers will pull in any HD signal that it can find. the question for the 921 is whether you would have guide data for those channels from San Diego... and the answer to that is probably no, you won't have guide data.

508 and 522 are not HD boxes, so HD OTA is not important for those receivers.

so are you saying i will be able to get the channels but I will have no guide data? as far as the 508/522 i just wanted sd locals for those.

Can't speak to 508/522... haven't messed with doing analog locals on a sat box. I know on the 921 if you scan in analog locals, it won't let you map down the Satellite locals. So, in your case, the LA locals will not be listed in the 2-69 channel range, they will be in their normal Sat channel range (probably something up in the 7000-8800 range). Anything listed in the 2-69 range will be analog channels and therefore not recordable... the HD channels will be in the 2-1, 4-1, etc range... and recordable on the 921.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts