Sanyo Incognito

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
I have been with Sprint for 4 many many years.
I have an older clam shaped phone and it is coming to an end of it's life, missing calls and so forth.

I am looking at possibly getting the Sanyo Incognito.
I like Sanyo phones, they have been very good for me, the one I have in about 10 years old.

I have never used a flat phone, non clan type, are they hard to get use to ?

I want to be able to use it as a PHONE first off, I don't text, but would if I get this phone, it has a nice full keyboard on it I find easier to use than others and it's a bit larger buttons than the Blackberry type of phones.
I can move to a plan that has minutes I need including mobile to mobile that most all have now, plus texting for only $ 5 more than I am paying now.

I won't use the internet very often, but I will turn it on when needed for trips, with the internet come the GPS as well. I've heard it works well.

Can anyone tell me more about this phone, anyone with practical use , how is it to use, I don't want to get into something that I won't like seeing it will require a contract again.

I understand that with the internet package that you have unlimited internet, thats a good thing. this phone has NO modem so I cannot hook up to my laptop, but I don't think thats a problem anyways.

Thanks guys,
Looking forward to see what others think of this phone before I dive into the 21st century !

I was looking into this phone as well. Here a pointer to some information.

Sanyo Incognito SCP-6760 Specs & Features (Phone Scoop)

There is a link to user reviews near the bottom of the page.

The things that have turned me off to this device are:

- can't read texts without opening the phone
- the location of the camera makes it difficult to take pictures
- cant take pics when the phone is closed
- hard to answer incoming calls from the front screen
- External screen use is limited to phone calls and history/contacts lookup

If the phone could be used as a modem for your laptop, the ability to do this is most likely not included in your plan. The price to add it is high.

I was looking into this phone as well. Here a pointer to some information.

Sanyo Incognito SCP-6760 Specs & Features (Phone Scoop)

There is a link to user reviews near the bottom of the page.

The things that have turned me off to this device are:

- can't read texts without opening the phone
- the location of the camera makes it difficult to take pictures
- cant take pics when the phone is closed
- hard to answer incoming calls from the front screen
- External screen use is limited to phone calls and history/contacts lookup

If the phone could be used as a modem for your laptop, the ability to do this is most likely not included in your plan. The price to add it is high.

You are correct, my plan would not accommodate that.

I don't think I would use it for pictures much ...
Hard to answer from the front screen ?
What are you suppose to do then, the PHONE IS on the front ?

Anything GOOD about the phone ?
Thanks for the link, I'll look into them.
CNET gave it a decent review.

Some reviews are very good, others not .....
Sounds like a poor design on the outside of the phone, lack of functionality from the outside.

Wondering if Sanyo has anything better .....

I was almost set on this phone earlier in the day, now I'm not so sure.

I think we are going to get the Samsung Exclaim. Although I am going to wait until the new year to see if they have any new deals.

I have 2 Samsung Rants they work well. The slide out keyboard works well for text (messaging and web browsing). We use the Bolt Browser for web access. The Exclaim was the replacement for the Rant.

Bolt Browser

I was told that Best Buy can do the rebates instantly so you don't have to mail it in. You can usually get Sprint to provide a credit for the activation fee by calling customer service.

Last edited:
You can order the Samsung Exclaim from the Best Buy web site for free with a new plan or a qualified phone upgrade. No rebate involved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)