Sat Finders vs DISH Point Signal Strength Bar

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kirbybear

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Cresview Florida
I was using a DISH 301 receiver with a dish 300. Finding Sat 119 was easy using the DISH Point Signal Bar ( DPSB )
I switch to a 211K receiver with a dish 300. I found it was now easier to find Sat 110 and 129 than 119. I had to very slowly scan from 110 to 129 to find 119.

I am now using a 211K with a DISH PRO PLUS on a 500 dish.

What is your experience with " satellite finder meters " versus the DPSB. Are the meters more sensitive than the DPSB and react faster ?

Does any one have a favorite $ 50 to $100 sat finder.

If you are using the screen to fine tune signal you already have, it's fine.
As the lnbs, switches and recs got more complex, the point dish screen became almost useless to find signal initially.

they are good meters and work great with the dish 500 as you could see both 119 and 110 at the same time......they DO NOT i.d. the sats though, so you have to be close when setting up as they will react to any sat signal.

if you still have your 301 you can use that to set up the dish 500.....are you still using the 500 dish or do you have a dish 1000 now that you have a 211?

I travel full time in an RV. The smart card was falling out of the slot The 301 is long gone. I am using a 211K with a new DISH 500. I will be getting DISH DNS when my AAD distances expire . So the DISH 500 is all I need.

Thanks for the suggestions. I decided to get the DIGISAT III PRO since it specifies DISH applications and you can select 110 or 119 and the price was right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts