Satellite 119 Disappears at Night

scanmi2

Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
I am having problems with losing satellite 119 on my DISH 500 system when the sun goes down. I have checked the skew and peaked the signal ...... why would I lose it at night ?

Perhaps the moon is blocking your signal.:D It sounds like you have a thermal problem. Either a bad lnb or a bad cable. When it heats up, you have a connection. When it cools (at night), you lose that connection.

I am having problems with losing satellite 119 on my DISH 500 system when the sun goes down. I have checked the skew and peaked the signal ...... why would I lose it at night ?

What are some readings from 119 sat. when it is at its best?
If you are marginal with readings when at its best, then losing it during part of a day is possible because of satellite drift.
Even though you have checked skew and peaked the dish, it may still be incorrect.

And when you answer the above post about the readings for 119, how about what type of dish/LNBF and switch (if any) do you have?

You said Dish 500, but do you have 2 DP Dual LNBF, a DP Twin, a DPP Twin, etc...

And if you have more than 1 tuner/receiver, does it happen on the other(s)?

is someone parking a vehicle near it? don't laugh, one of customers kept calling me about the same problem, seems her husband drove a large truck and when he parked it when he came home at night it blocked the dish just enough to lose the 119. funny huh?

Need Help

New to HD recievers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)